Compal Electronics, one of the world’s biggest contract laptop makers, will raise component prices this year to shore up a drop in profits, affecting computers made for Acer, Dell and Hewlett-Packard, the company said on Wednesday.
Sony launched a duo of thin laptops at the Consumer Electronics Show on Wednesday that offer a more affordable alternative to Apple's MacBook Air. The new Vaio S and Y portables start at $900 and $550, respectively. And although they cost less than ...
Google's Chrome operating system-based CR-48 notebook computer may be in just a select set of hands so far, but it's been generating plenty of media attention.
Apple overnight unveiled a host of new products, including new models of its MacBook Air laptop, which are available in Australia starting from today.
Notebook and PC manufacturer Lenovo today announced that its popular ThinkPad laptop range will reach 60 million sales this month.
Toshiba is the latest laptop vendor to fall victim to overheating technology. The recall of approximately 41,000 laptops resulting from more than 100 reports of melting laptop cases and minor injuries follows similar issues and recalls from other lap...
The U.S. and Canadian governments this week said that Toshiba is voluntarily recalling some Satellite laptops for posing a burn hazard to customers.
Hewlett-Packard on Wednesday plans to announce new laptops, including its fastest netbook and first 3D laptop, which combines cutting-edge technologies to raise the bar in performance.
Intel's upcoming next-generation laptop chips will have a dozen new features to improve graphics performance and will be able to play Blu-ray 3D movies, the company said on Thursday.
A Canadian PC maker is offering a laptop with a massive 4TB of storage and Intel's fastest six-core processor, a rare combination of such high-end parts for a portable computer.
A PC engineer was caught red-handed by an undercover TV reporter in a perfectly-executed sting - even though the journalist was investigating another matter.
The nonprofit organization One Laptop Per Child wants to join forces to help develop the Indian government's planned US$35 tablet.
Samsung Tuesday announced its new 1TB Spinpoint MT2 2.5-inch internal hard drive.
The MacBook Air, despite its ultra-thin, eye-grabbing design, has never been one of Apple's top draws.
Pixel Qi is trying to meet the growing demand for its innovative 3Qi displays, and has resumed shipment after a rash of orders for the low-power screens, the company said on Wednesday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCAD and FIM EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCHigh Level Network Engineer (Communications)WA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCIT Solution DesignerNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCWintel Support EngineerNSW
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC