Buying a Mac to learn coding and programming is hugely valuable and a great idea. But choosing a Mac for coding isn't easy. Which is the best Mac to learn programming and coding? We look at the best Apple Macs you can buy for programming and learning...
You can pack LG's latest laptop with its charger and still have less weight in your bag than with a 13-inch ultraportable.
Acer’s Aspire R14 Playbook is latest convertible notebook to emerge on the Australian market, offering a four-in-one experience encompassing laptop, tablet, tent, and display modes.
CES is a consumer show, but there are plenty of nifty tools for businesses too.
Kogan, the young upstart that once offered small Linux-based notebooks under its own name, has re-entered the laptop market with a budget 15.6in model that runs Windows 8.1.
Lenovo took the wraps off six new Yoga products at an event in London, showing off its high-end Yoga 3 Pro convertible laptop, as well as all the other variants of its Yoga tablet range. Before you stop reading thinking that these are just some borin...
MSI showcased a wide range of products at the Computex trade-show this year, but only a select few products will be released in Australia due to the intense competition characterising the local mobility market.
HP's latest range of EliteBook business laptops and ZBook mobile workstations are much thinner and lighter than previous generations, with the ZBook range including the "world's first workstation Ultrabook".
In addition to upgrading its existing 15- and 17-inch Zbook notebooks with fourth generation Intel Core CPUs, HP has expanded the product line with the launch of what it claims is the world’s first ‘workstation Ultrabook’ – a 14-inch device which wei...
Google has announced the Google Chromecast, a small device that lets you stream online content and sync your phone, tablet or laptop with your TV.
If you're thinking of buying the cheap Medion Akoya E7220 (MD 98740) notebook, it pays to know what you're getting. Read through this slideshow and you'll know exactly what to expect.
Panasonic announced on Tuesday that the company has begun manufacturing a new, safer laptop battery, which will hopefully reduce the number of battery recalls we have seen in recent years.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPService Desk OperatorQLD
- FTSCRUM Master / Project Manager, CX, Financial ServicesNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HCMSNSW
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTICT Contract AnalystWA
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystSA
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTHR Business Analyst / Performance Management SMENSW
- FTVDI EngineerACT
- FTOracle E-Business Functional ConsultantVIC
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- TPPrincipal Project Officer - ReportingQLD
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- TPSystems EngineerQLD
- FTSolution Architect - NetworksVIC
- FTJava Team LeadVIC
- FTSenior IT Domain SpecialistVIC
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC