Symantec has posted a software fix after hundreds of users reported problems with a buggy update of the company's flagship Norton AntiVirus software.
Symantec says a buggy diagnostic program spurred a rash of Norton antivirus user complaints late Monday and Tuesday morning.
Symantec Thursday announced Norton Internet Security 4.0 for the Mac, desktop antimalware, firewall, antiphishing and online Web-threat protections for the Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" and 10.5 "Leopard" platforms.
Symantec's latest security software in its consumer Norton line installs in less than a minute and uses much less memory, two key improvements the company sees as keeping its products competitive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Full Stack Java DeveloperNSW
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTSolution Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTNetwork and Security Engineer - Checkpoint, Firewalls, VPNNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - Canberra roleNSW
- CCICT Project Reporting Planning CoordinatorNSW
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCSnr Business AnalystVIC
- CCSAP FIORIACT
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- FTBiomedical Project ManagerSA