Symantec Norton Antivirus 2011 review: The latest version of Norton Antivirus offers strong malware detection
Symantec has posted a software fix after hundreds of users reported problems with a buggy update of the company's flagship Norton AntiVirus software.
Symantec says a buggy diagnostic program spurred a rash of Norton antivirus user complaints late Monday and Tuesday morning.
Symantec Thursday announced Norton Internet Security 4.0 for the Mac, desktop antimalware, firewall, antiphishing and online Web-threat protections for the Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" and 10.5 "Leopard" platforms.
Symantec's latest security software in its consumer Norton line installs in less than a minute and uses much less memory, two key improvements the company sees as keeping its products competitive.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 2 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 4 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 5 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Hackers target Tor as PlayStation disruption continues
- Connected, self-driving cars in the front seat at CES
- MIT unifies Web development in a single, speedy new language
- Google, Microsoft, Sony make 'The Interview' available online
- Experts: FCC will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.