Symantec Norton Antivirus 2011 review: The latest version of Norton Antivirus offers strong malware detection
Symantec has posted a software fix after hundreds of users reported problems with a buggy update of the company's flagship Norton AntiVirus software.
Symantec says a buggy diagnostic program spurred a rash of Norton antivirus user complaints late Monday and Tuesday morning.
Symantec Thursday announced Norton Internet Security 4.0 for the Mac, desktop antimalware, firewall, antiphishing and online Web-threat protections for the Mac OS X 10.4 "Tiger" and 10.5 "Leopard" platforms.
Symantec's latest security software in its consumer Norton line installs in less than a minute and uses much less memory, two key improvements the company sees as keeping its products competitive.
Latest News Articles
- Russian government offers money for identifying Tor users
- EU, Google, Microsoft, Yahoo meet on 'right to be forgotten' but questions remain
- The Pirate Bay makes searching for torrents easier on mobile devices
- Apple faces privacy suit following Chinese TV report
- New guide aims to remove the drama of reporting software flaws
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What does an NBN connection look like in a new home?
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 4 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 5 How to connect your iPhone to your TV
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- 84% off $2.98
- $1999 free shipping
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »