Reformatting and restoring a PC is not fun--in the way spending 2 hours in the dentist's chair is not fun. You have to back up all your data (and pray that you haven't forgotten anything), reformat the hard drive, install Windows, track down missing ...
With all the many compelling reasons for a company to switch to Linux on the desktop, it's no wonder that businesses large and small are increasingly relying on the free and open source operating system.
WARNING: Overclocking is not for the faint of heart. Do not attempt to hack your phone unless you understand and accept the risks of turning it into a useless "brick."
There are many ways that vendors of proprietary products try to scare business customers away from open source software, and one of the more commonly heard examples involves vague fears about compliance with open source licenses. There's nothing like...
With all the many reasons to use Linux today -- particularly in a business setting --it's often a relatively easy decision to give Windows the boot. What can be more difficult, however, is deciding which of the hundreds of Linux distributions out the...
Chances are good that if someone walked into your office right now and peeked over your shoulder, they would see a Windows operating system on your computer. But, did you know that you have a choice of something other than Windows for that computer o...
In the almost 20 years since Linux was first released into the world, free for anyone to use and modify however they like, the operating system has been put to a lot of uses.
Firefox 3.6.6 with crash protection is now available, and according to Mozilla it "provides uninterrupted browsing for Windows and Linux users when there is a crash in the Adobe Flash, Apple Quicktime or Microsoft Silverlight plugins.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- CCSenior Program DirectorNSW
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCTransition Project ManagerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCProject Manager - Business IntelligenceVIC
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS SQL Server/C#.NET)160520/AP/vmtAsia
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCMS Dynamics CRM ConsultantVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC