Reflecting the growing need for automation tools in the enterprise, Quest Software has released a software package that could help Unix administrators better manage policy files that determine which users can access privileged material and programs o...
With some funding from Google and the U.S. Energy Department, a pair of computer scientists at Dartmouth University are updating the venerable grep and diff Unix command line utilities to handle more complex types of data.
Red Hat has updated its flagship operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, with new technologies designed to cut the cost and improve performance of enterprise storage, the company announced Tuesday.
Canonical plans to expand its Ubuntu Linux distribution so it could be used on smartphones, tablets and other touch interface consumer electronics, said Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth.
Linus Torvalds released Linux 3.1 Monday and the new feature list is long and wide. Linux 3.1 includes a new iSCSI implementation and support for OpenRISC, Near-Field Communication chips, and -- get this -- Wii controllers.
Google isn’t reinventing the wheel with a new feature it is testing that allows any two computers using its Chrome browser to connect with each other.
The next version of Canonical's Ubuntu Linux distribution, to be released next week, will be the first to run on the Arm architecture, as well as the first edition to offer a new cloud service orchestration engine, called JuJu.
There are free and open source alternatives to just about every proprietary software package available today--the trick is just finding the right ones for your business.
Applications written for Meego netbooks will work on devices running Tizen, the new Linux-based mobile OS project from Intel and Samsung, but Meego apps written for smartphones won't work on Tizen devices, Intel said.
Ever since it was first brought to light that Windows 8's secure boot mechanism could cause problems for Linux users, speculation has been running rampant as to the exact nature of the difficulties that may arise.
Is Microsoft using a next-generation computing boot-loading technology to lock out the use of Linux and other OSEs on certain computers? While Microsoft has denied malicious intent, one Red Hat developer maintains that this may be the case.
It seems safe to say that a sizable proportion of Linux PC users in the world today installed the free and open source operating system on hardware that originally came loaded with Windows. After all, while there are preloaded systems available, it o...
Lest we forget that Microsoft still insists Linux violates 235 of its patents, Microsoft issued a reminder today.
Close to half of all computer users around the world tend to get their software illegally, and business decision-makers are no exception.
Hiring good help is never easy, but the difficulty is compounded considerably when demand for the skills you're seeking exceeds supply.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
- By 2020, you'll say more to a machine than to your spouse
- Google Keep adds app shortcuts, pinned messages in update
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCApplication Support AnalystVIC
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCData ScientistVIC
- CCIT Senior Systems Administrator- Server Patching RemediationNSW
- FTOperational Integrity ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCWindows EngineerACT
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- FTData AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161114/ITA/411Asia
- FTSOE ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- FTSenior Commercial and Bid ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Siebel Business AnalystACT
- CCFront End Developer (UI) - 12 Month ContractNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantTAS
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Web) 161011/AP/145Asia
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW