Reflecting the growing need for automation tools in the enterprise, Quest Software has released a software package that could help Unix administrators better manage policy files that determine which users can access privileged material and programs o...
With some funding from Google and the U.S. Energy Department, a pair of computer scientists at Dartmouth University are updating the venerable grep and diff Unix command line utilities to handle more complex types of data.
Red Hat has updated its flagship operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, with new technologies designed to cut the cost and improve performance of enterprise storage, the company announced Tuesday.
Canonical plans to expand its Ubuntu Linux distribution so it could be used on smartphones, tablets and other touch interface consumer electronics, said Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth.
Linus Torvalds released Linux 3.1 Monday and the new feature list is long and wide. Linux 3.1 includes a new iSCSI implementation and support for OpenRISC, Near-Field Communication chips, and -- get this -- Wii controllers.
Google isn’t reinventing the wheel with a new feature it is testing that allows any two computers using its Chrome browser to connect with each other.
The next version of Canonical's Ubuntu Linux distribution, to be released next week, will be the first to run on the Arm architecture, as well as the first edition to offer a new cloud service orchestration engine, called JuJu.
There are free and open source alternatives to just about every proprietary software package available today--the trick is just finding the right ones for your business.
Applications written for Meego netbooks will work on devices running Tizen, the new Linux-based mobile OS project from Intel and Samsung, but Meego apps written for smartphones won't work on Tizen devices, Intel said.
Ever since it was first brought to light that Windows 8's secure boot mechanism could cause problems for Linux users, speculation has been running rampant as to the exact nature of the difficulties that may arise.
Is Microsoft using a next-generation computing boot-loading technology to lock out the use of Linux and other OSEs on certain computers? While Microsoft has denied malicious intent, one Red Hat developer maintains that this may be the case.
It seems safe to say that a sizable proportion of Linux PC users in the world today installed the free and open source operating system on hardware that originally came loaded with Windows. After all, while there are preloaded systems available, it o...
Lest we forget that Microsoft still insists Linux violates 235 of its patents, Microsoft issued a reminder today.
Close to half of all computer users around the world tend to get their software illegally, and business decision-makers are no exception.
Hiring good help is never easy, but the difficulty is compounded considerably when demand for the skills you're seeking exceeds supply.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst --Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCSenior UX DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCNetwork AnalystNSW
- FTIT Client Support AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- CCExecutive AssistantACT
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- FTiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)QLD
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD