Reflecting the growing need for automation tools in the enterprise, Quest Software has released a software package that could help Unix administrators better manage policy files that determine which users can access privileged material and programs o...
With some funding from Google and the U.S. Energy Department, a pair of computer scientists at Dartmouth University are updating the venerable grep and diff Unix command line utilities to handle more complex types of data.
Red Hat has updated its flagship operating system, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, with new technologies designed to cut the cost and improve performance of enterprise storage, the company announced Tuesday.
Canonical plans to expand its Ubuntu Linux distribution so it could be used on smartphones, tablets and other touch interface consumer electronics, said Canonical founder Mark Shuttleworth.
Linus Torvalds released Linux 3.1 Monday and the new feature list is long and wide. Linux 3.1 includes a new iSCSI implementation and support for OpenRISC, Near-Field Communication chips, and -- get this -- Wii controllers.
Google isn’t reinventing the wheel with a new feature it is testing that allows any two computers using its Chrome browser to connect with each other.
The next version of Canonical's Ubuntu Linux distribution, to be released next week, will be the first to run on the Arm architecture, as well as the first edition to offer a new cloud service orchestration engine, called JuJu.
There are free and open source alternatives to just about every proprietary software package available today--the trick is just finding the right ones for your business.
Applications written for Meego netbooks will work on devices running Tizen, the new Linux-based mobile OS project from Intel and Samsung, but Meego apps written for smartphones won't work on Tizen devices, Intel said.
Ever since it was first brought to light that Windows 8's secure boot mechanism could cause problems for Linux users, speculation has been running rampant as to the exact nature of the difficulties that may arise.
Is Microsoft using a next-generation computing boot-loading technology to lock out the use of Linux and other OSEs on certain computers? While Microsoft has denied malicious intent, one Red Hat developer maintains that this may be the case.
It seems safe to say that a sizable proportion of Linux PC users in the world today installed the free and open source operating system on hardware that originally came loaded with Windows. After all, while there are preloaded systems available, it o...
Lest we forget that Microsoft still insists Linux violates 235 of its patents, Microsoft issued a reminder today.
Close to half of all computer users around the world tend to get their software illegally, and business decision-makers are no exception.
Hiring good help is never easy, but the difficulty is compounded considerably when demand for the skills you're seeking exceeds supply.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTService Desk Team LeadNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA
- CCProject Manager- Infrastructure and App Roles- Gov BackgroundNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solution DesignerACT
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA
- CCSoftware Developer- CobolACT
- CCIOS DeveloperWA
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- CCFrontend DevelopersQLD
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- FTInfrastructure Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCProject Coordinator/ Jr Business Analyst- Govt backgroundNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160801/AP/258Asia
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCProject Manager/ Sr PMO Analyst - Consulting BackgroundNSW
- CCSystems AdministratorSA
- CCAccounts Reconciliation Officer/ AdministratorNSW