If Apple were to launch a 5.5-inch iPhone 6 later this year it would be beneficial to both the vendor and the wider ‘phablet’ market, according to Telsyte.
Microsoft-owned Nokia will take on Motorola with the launch of its budget Lumia 635, a quad-core smartphone running Windows Phone 8.1 and armed with 4G internet speeds.
Nokia’s flagship Lumia 930 will go on sale this July at Telstra, Vodafone and Optus. The 5in smartphone is among the first to run Windows Phone 8.1, is the second Nokia to come with a quad-core CPU and has a 20 megapixel PureView camera. Good Gear Gu...
Microsoft-owned Nokia has unveiled a new Android smartphone as it aims to make Google users reliant on Microsoft’s services.
The battle for the "next billion users" is heating up with better performance from low-cost phones. The latest contender is the Android-based Nokia X2, which will go head-to-head with the excellent Moto E from Motorola Mobility.
Nokia is investing in Android following with the release of its Z launcher. The company’s investment in the Android operating system follows the sale of its Devices business to Microsoft.
An unknown person or group reportedly stole the cryptographic key used by Nokia to digitally sign applications for Symbian OS and extorted millions of euros from the company in 2007 by threatening to make the key public.
Prevalent throughout the Desire 816 is the sense HTC is trying to push its dollar - and not the technology - as far as possible. This is a value-for-money smartphone designed for the masses, but at no stage does the smartphone feel cheap.
Five years ago, a robot slowly trundled around a Californian office doing things like opening doors and using electrical sockets.
The troubled Windows RT operating system got nary a mention at Microsoft's Surface event today, but don't plan for RT's funeral just yet.
Microsoft-owned Nokia aims to build its Windows Phone market share with the launch of the cheap Lumia 630. The smartphone will compete against the popular Motorola Moto G when it goes on sale from the 27 of May for $249.
Japanese operator NTT DoCoMo has joined forces with six vendors to conduct experimental trials of emerging 5G technologies, hoping to lay the groundwork for mobile networks that offer data transmissions at more than 10Gbps.
For years, Nokia sold mobile phones with the slogan "Connecting people," but following the sale of its phone business to Microsoft, the company is looking for the next big thing.
Microsoft-owned Nokia will finally sell its first tablet in Australia. The company's Lumia 2520 is a 10.1in tablet that runs Windows RT 8.1.
Nokia has named the head of its networks division, Rajeev Suri, as its new CEO from May 1. He will take over from company chairman Risto Siilasmaa, who has been serving as acting CEO.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Surprise! Nvidia reveals a new Pascal-powered Titan X and it looks like an utter monster
- Apple faces lawsuit over AppleCare refurbished devices not being new
- Intel experiments with 3D Xpoint as it ships out SSDs to testers
- Edward Snowden has developed an iPhone case meant to kill surveillance
- Tesla wants to end fossil fuel use, make self-driving cars 10X safer
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Oracle Functional Analyst (Finance)VIC
- CCSenior Architect - CloudVIC
- CCNetwork DesignerNSW
- FTAEM & AEM Forms ConsultantsWA
- CCBusiness Intelligence Developer - Initial 3mth ContractVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Microsoft Active DirectoryNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160729/P/698Asia
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- CCDeployment ManagerACT
- FTMidrange Server Provision SMENSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (HP-UX/Oracle RDBMS) 160720/SA/113Asia
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantWA
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- FTSCCM Applications PackagerWA