Microsoft-owned Nokia has unveiled a new Android smartphone as it aims to make Google users reliant on Microsoft’s services.
The battle for the "next billion users" is heating up with better performance from low-cost phones. The latest contender is the Android-based Nokia X2, which will go head-to-head with the excellent Moto E from Motorola Mobility.
Nokia is investing in Android following with the release of its Z launcher. The company’s investment in the Android operating system follows the sale of its Devices business to Microsoft.
An unknown person or group reportedly stole the cryptographic key used by Nokia to digitally sign applications for Symbian OS and extorted millions of euros from the company in 2007 by threatening to make the key public.
Prevalent throughout the Desire 816 is the sense HTC is trying to push its dollar - and not the technology - as far as possible. This is a value-for-money smartphone designed for the masses, but at no stage does the smartphone feel cheap.
Five years ago, a robot slowly trundled around a Californian office doing things like opening doors and using electrical sockets.
The troubled Windows RT operating system got nary a mention at Microsoft's Surface event today, but don't plan for RT's funeral just yet.
Microsoft-owned Nokia aims to build its Windows Phone market share with the launch of the cheap Lumia 630. The smartphone will compete against the popular Motorola Moto G when it goes on sale from the 27 of May for $249.
Japanese operator NTT DoCoMo has joined forces with six vendors to conduct experimental trials of emerging 5G technologies, hoping to lay the groundwork for mobile networks that offer data transmissions at more than 10Gbps.
For years, Nokia sold mobile phones with the slogan "Connecting people," but following the sale of its phone business to Microsoft, the company is looking for the next big thing.
Microsoft-owned Nokia will finally sell its first tablet in Australia. The company's Lumia 2520 is a 10.1in tablet that runs Windows RT 8.1.
Nokia has named the head of its networks division, Rajeev Suri, as its new CEO from May 1. He will take over from company chairman Risto Siilasmaa, who has been serving as acting CEO.
Now that Microsoft has finally closed its acquisition of Nokia's devices and services business the company needs to accelerate efforts to attract more developers, help cut the cost of smartphones running Windows Phone and make sure its new employees ...
Critics have derided Microsoft's $US7.5 billion acquisition of Nokia's Devices and Services business but the deal may be closing at the perfect moment -- during a slowdown in smartphone innovation.
This week on World Tech Update we take you inside the New York Auto Show, where BMW introduced its X5 eDrive concept car.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple falls to third in China smartphone rankings, while Xiaomi vaults ahead
- Cleaning up botnets takes years, if ever, to complete
- Yahoo tackles large 'malvertising' campaign in its ad network
- Plantronics BackBeat Sense Bluetooth headphones
- OneDrive finally lets you sync shared folders
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC