The Android will edge out Research In Motion's BlackBerry and Apple's iOS for all of 2010 to become the second best-selling mobile operating system globally behind Nokia's Symbian, according to market research firm Gartner.
Nokia has named Stephen Elop, former president of Microsoft's business software group, to become its new CEO effective from later this month.
Hiring an American CEO isn't all Nokia has to do if it wants to succeed in the U.S., mobile industry analysts said on Friday.
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
As mobile service providers compete for the data market in Africa, manufacturers are scrambling for deals to supply data-enabled handsets, a move that will likely reduce the cost of mobile devices in the region.
Nokia will set up servers in India by November for its push e-mail service in the country to comply with government regulations, the company said Monday.
Nokia's Symbian-based 5250 phone is its cheapest touchscreen smartphone yet at €115 (US$145) -- but to get the price that low, Nokia has had to ditch some of the features of its predecessor.
Remember when Princess Leia's holographic distress call blew you away? Nokia and Intel announced that they'll try to put similar 3D technology on mobile phones.
Nokia has signed an agreement to acquire Motally, a privately owned U.S. company that has specialized in tracking and reporting usage statistics on mobile websites and applications, it said on Friday.
Nokia's Messaging for Social Networks will never make it out of the beta stage. On Friday, Nokia said it is discontinuing the application and instead will use what it has learned in the upcoming N8 smartphone.
Images posted at Chinese site Tieba.baidu.com allegedly Nokia's latest N9 smartphone -- and, Gizmodo notes, it looks like a slimmed down MacBook Pro!
With gloomy talk of ever-evolving security threats on the Internet, Intel announced that it's acquiring the antivirus software vendor McAfee.
Nokia has announced the X3 Touch and Type, which combines a 2.4-inch touchscreen with a traditional 12-button keypad, the company said on Tuesday.
Apple could be making plans for a big role in mobile Near Field Communications (NFC) with the recent hiring of Benjamin Vigier as its product manager of mobile commerce.
Originally, .co was just the Internet country code for Colombia. But now it's becoming a popular top-level domain for major global brands such as BMW, Canon, Honda, Nike, Nokia, Pfizer, Sony and Visa.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Visual VB.net) 160115/AP/vhsAsia
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCSenior Systems Engineer - SCOM/SCCM/PowerShellVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCSharepoint AdministratorVIC
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics CRM DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Project Manager - SecurityNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Biomedical - South Australia locationSA