Nokia today confirmed that Chairman Jorma Ollila plans to resign in 2012, marking more sweeping changes as the company tries to win back leadership of a complex market with new smartphones.
Nokia wants to "re-enter" the U.S. market and is developing smartphones for U.S. consumers, but the phone maker won't be building more CDMA-based phones, which run on half the nation's wireless networks, Nokia's global head of sales said Tuesday.
Here's more evidence of Android's meteoritic rise to the top. According to market researcher Gartner, Google's fledgling open-source mobile operating system, barely a blip on the wireless radar a year ago, will grab the No. 2 spot in global market s...
The departure of Stephen Elop to Nokia leaves Microsoft with a vacancy at the top of one of its largest and most important divisions, but the company doesn't show any signs of rushing to fill the position.
The Android will edge out Research In Motion's BlackBerry and Apple's iOS for all of 2010 to become the second best-selling mobile operating system globally behind Nokia's Symbian, according to market research firm Gartner.
Nokia has named Stephen Elop, former president of Microsoft's business software group, to become its new CEO effective from later this month.
Hiring an American CEO isn't all Nokia has to do if it wants to succeed in the U.S., mobile industry analysts said on Friday.
Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
As mobile service providers compete for the data market in Africa, manufacturers are scrambling for deals to supply data-enabled handsets, a move that will likely reduce the cost of mobile devices in the region.
Nokia will set up servers in India by November for its push e-mail service in the country to comply with government regulations, the company said Monday.
Nokia's Symbian-based 5250 phone is its cheapest touchscreen smartphone yet at €115 (US$145) -- but to get the price that low, Nokia has had to ditch some of the features of its predecessor.
Remember when Princess Leia's holographic distress call blew you away? Nokia and Intel announced that they'll try to put similar 3D technology on mobile phones.
Nokia has signed an agreement to acquire Motally, a privately owned U.S. company that has specialized in tracking and reporting usage statistics on mobile websites and applications, it said on Friday.
Nokia's Messaging for Social Networks will never make it out of the beta stage. On Friday, Nokia said it is discontinuing the application and instead will use what it has learned in the upcoming N8 smartphone.
Images posted at Chinese site Tieba.baidu.com allegedly Nokia's latest N9 smartphone -- and, Gizmodo notes, it looks like a slimmed down MacBook Pro!
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Fake news fallout: Facebook starts asking users if headlines are accurate
- Dead Rising 4 impressions: 'Tis the season to BBQ zombies with your flaming sword
- Surface Book i7 vs. MacBook Pro: Fight!
- Start hoarding SSDs: Prices are expected to spike as supply gets tight
- Nikola Motor unveils its hydrogen fuel cell 18-wheeler
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperOther
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- FTMotor Claims ConsultantNSW
- FTField Engineer - Hardware DecommissionVIC
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- CCDesktop Deployment EngineerWA
- TPSAP ABAP ProgrammerQLD
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW