Microsoft's Windows Mobile OS will regain some of the smartphone market share it has lost recently - but will still be in last place in 2014, according to research firm IDC's Worldwide Quarterly Mobile Phone Tracker.
As mobile service providers compete for the data market in Africa, manufacturers are scrambling for deals to supply data-enabled handsets, a move that will likely reduce the cost of mobile devices in the region.
Nokia will set up servers in India by November for its push e-mail service in the country to comply with government regulations, the company said Monday.
Nokia's Symbian-based 5250 phone is its cheapest touchscreen smartphone yet at €115 (US$145) -- but to get the price that low, Nokia has had to ditch some of the features of its predecessor.
Remember when Princess Leia's holographic distress call blew you away? Nokia and Intel announced that they'll try to put similar 3D technology on mobile phones.
Nokia has signed an agreement to acquire Motally, a privately owned U.S. company that has specialized in tracking and reporting usage statistics on mobile websites and applications, it said on Friday.
Nokia's Messaging for Social Networks will never make it out of the beta stage. On Friday, Nokia said it is discontinuing the application and instead will use what it has learned in the upcoming N8 smartphone.
Images posted at Chinese site Tieba.baidu.com allegedly Nokia's latest N9 smartphone -- and, Gizmodo notes, it looks like a slimmed down MacBook Pro!
With gloomy talk of ever-evolving security threats on the Internet, Intel announced that it's acquiring the antivirus software vendor McAfee.
Nokia has announced the X3 Touch and Type, which combines a 2.4-inch touchscreen with a traditional 12-button keypad, the company said on Tuesday.
Apple could be making plans for a big role in mobile Near Field Communications (NFC) with the recent hiring of Benjamin Vigier as its product manager of mobile commerce.
Originally, .co was just the Internet country code for Colombia. But now it's becoming a popular top-level domain for major global brands such as BMW, Canon, Honda, Nike, Nokia, Pfizer, Sony and Visa.
Nokia has started beta testing a new service called Listings, which will be a digital marketplace where people in emerging markets can look for a job or buy or sell goods using their Nokia phone, the company said in <a href="http://betalabs.nokia.com...
This is getting awkward. Apple on Friday targeted another smartphone on its antenna site, the Droid X.
Nokia reported flat sales for the second quarter, with a 40 percent year-on-year drop in earnings. The company is still seeing customers shun its high-end smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft bests Google in patent case appeal
- Yahoo picks up fashion commerce site Polyvore
- Mt. Gox CEO Karpeles arrested by Japanese police
- Facebook says Flash security woes could hurt its business
- IBM fattens patent portfolio in cloud tech
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW