Nokia and Apple have settled an almost two-year long legal battle over patents with an agreement that will see Apple pay a lump sum and ongoing royalties to the European cell-phone maker.
Nokia CEO Stephen Elop used his keynote at the Open Mobile Summit in London Thursday to explain, again, why the company chose the Windows Phone OS for its smartphones and insisted during a question-and-answer session that, despite persistent rumors t...
If cell phone maker Nokia rolls out a tablet device one day, it will be late to a game where its competitors have a big head start.
Though signs for IT remain positive this year, worries about the economy sapped investor confidence this week as a wide range of businesses, including big computer industry vendors, suffered a drop in share value.
A trio of Windows Phone software developers say Microsoft's Mango release is ripe and juicy for programmers, and brings new ease and power to mobile enterprise applications.
Nokia has "increased confidence" that the first of its smartphones with Windows Phone will ship in the fourth quarter, the company said on Tuesday.
It takes more than a sleek operating system to make a successful smartphone.
Supporters of the MeeGo open-source platform put tablets, in-car systems and TV in the spotlight at a conference in San Francisco on Monday, saying the technology had broad potential while downplaying its role in smartphones.
Three years after its founding, the Industry Consortium for Advancement of Security on the Internet (ICASI) is starting to bear fruit with the launch of version 1.0 of its framework designed to allow tech vendors to more easily share data on software...
Another day, another report saying Android rules the smartphone world, this time from Gartner.
Android has further consolidated its status as the leading global smartphone operating system, according to data released by both Gartner and the Millennial Media mobile ad network.
Android became the most popular smartphone operating system worldwide in the first quarter of 2011, while Apple saw its share of the market grow, according to a report Gartner issued Thursday on sales of mobile phones to end users.
Nokia may be floundering in the high-end smartphone wars (and will soon be switching to the Windows Phone 7 platform for its N-Series devices), but its newest MeeGo powered N9 smartphone has just been shown off in a teaser video.
<a href="http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/05/16/the-evolution-of-nokia-and-ovi/">Nokia will abandon its Ovi mobile services brand</a> as it prepares to sell smartphones based on Microsoft's Windows Phone software, it said in a blog posting on Mond...
How do you solve a problem like Apple and Google?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSenior Integration Specialist - IP NetworkVIC
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Datacentre Maintenance) 160817/SA/993Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW