A raft of computer and software vendor financial results this week, including reports from IBM, Intel, Apple and Microsoft, revealed some record quarterly results and a healthy market for business technology, though clouds remain for segments of the ...
Once the darling of the smartphone industry, Finnish phone manufacturer Nokia is now finding itself adrift.
Nokia made a net loss in the second quarter following a dramatic decline in smartphone sales, it reported Thursday.
Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
On June 1, 1991, the first commercial calls over GSM were made in Finland and Sweden, Nokia Siemens and Ericsson noted Friday as they celebrated the anniversary by recollecting the early days of the technology.
Nokia is selling its operator-branded messaging business to Synchronica, a British developer of mobile messaging software, the companies said Thursday. The business unit provides e-mail and instant messaging services to the likes of AT&T and Veri...
In an apparent push to keep customers from defecting to other platforms until its Windows Phones ship, Nokia is planning to upgrade <a href="http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/06/29/updates-to-symbian-3-2-and-5-0/">some of its older Symbian-based sm...
Rumours have been circulating about the next-generation iPhone, with many expecting an iPhone 5 and others speculating a more subtle change to the device naming it the iPhone 4S.
Nokia has started shipping mobile phones in India that are preloaded with its banking application, in a bid to popularize mobile banking in the country.
Nokia has shown its first Windows Phone to the world, perhaps by accident.
The first Windows Phone from Nokia is code-named Sea Ray, comes with an 8-megapixel camera and uses the Mango version of Microsoft's OS,<a href="http://www.technet.hu/telefon/20110624/exkluziv_video_elop_bemutatja_az_elso_windowsos_nokiat/">according...
Nokia said on Wednesday it has finalized an agreement with Accenture to develop the Symbian mobile OS as the company retrenches in a competitive mobile device market.
Nokia has unveiled the N9, its latest flagship smartphone, the first device to run the Meego operating system. Meego has been heralded as Nokia's strategic move against increased competition from rivals Apple and Google.
Nokia unveiled Tuesday its new N9 smartphone that runs the MeeGo operating system, and is being marketed as a "pure touch screen" device without buttons.
Embattled Nokia today unveiled the world's first smartphone running the MeeGo operating system, the Nokia N9, and also revealed that the device would be available in Australia in Q3.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Epson FastFoto FF-640 review: Quick, convenient photo scans don’t come cheap
- EZVIZ Husky review: This weatherproof camera gives you an eye on the outside of your home
- Reality check: How Windows 10's new privacy controls stack up
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- TPService Deliver ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWQLD
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- TPBusiness Intelligence AnalystQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCInfrastructure Architect - Migration Project -Hyper-V & VMWareNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Network EngineerNSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW