Once the darling of the smartphone industry, Finnish phone manufacturer Nokia is now finding itself adrift.
Nokia made a net loss in the second quarter following a dramatic decline in smartphone sales, it reported Thursday.
Google's surprisingly strong earnings helped spark renewed confidence in the tech sector in advance of a raft of vendor earnings announcements next week, as shares of bellwether IT companies led markets upward Friday.
On June 1, 1991, the first commercial calls over GSM were made in Finland and Sweden, Nokia Siemens and Ericsson noted Friday as they celebrated the anniversary by recollecting the early days of the technology.
Nokia is selling its operator-branded messaging business to Synchronica, a British developer of mobile messaging software, the companies said Thursday. The business unit provides e-mail and instant messaging services to the likes of AT&T and Veri...
In an apparent push to keep customers from defecting to other platforms until its Windows Phones ship, Nokia is planning to upgrade <a href="http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/06/29/updates-to-symbian-3-2-and-5-0/">some of its older Symbian-based sm...
Rumours have been circulating about the next-generation iPhone, with many expecting an iPhone 5 and others speculating a more subtle change to the device naming it the iPhone 4S.
Nokia has started shipping mobile phones in India that are preloaded with its banking application, in a bid to popularize mobile banking in the country.
Nokia has shown its first Windows Phone to the world, perhaps by accident.
The first Windows Phone from Nokia is code-named Sea Ray, comes with an 8-megapixel camera and uses the Mango version of Microsoft's OS,<a href="http://www.technet.hu/telefon/20110624/exkluziv_video_elop_bemutatja_az_elso_windowsos_nokiat/">according...
Nokia said on Wednesday it has finalized an agreement with Accenture to develop the Symbian mobile OS as the company retrenches in a competitive mobile device market.
Nokia has unveiled the N9, its latest flagship smartphone, the first device to run the Meego operating system. Meego has been heralded as Nokia's strategic move against increased competition from rivals Apple and Google.
Nokia unveiled Tuesday its new N9 smartphone that runs the MeeGo operating system, and is being marketed as a "pure touch screen" device without buttons.
Embattled Nokia today unveiled the world's first smartphone running the MeeGo operating system, the Nokia N9, and also revealed that the device would be available in Australia in Q3.
Nokia is infringing on a patent owned by German company IPCom, the U.K. High Court ruled today. IPCom will be seeking damages and an injunction banning the sale of the Finnish company's 3G phones, it said in a statement.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Best Travel SIMs for Japan
- AMD drops Radeon RX 460, RX 470 prices ahead of Nvidia's GeForce GTX 1050 launch
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for US$85.4b in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- iPads and Apple TV aimed at transforming patient care
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- PTService Management AnalystSA
- CCSenior Procurement SpecialistVIC
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTInformation Architect, DataNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Technical SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (PC LAN Support) 161028/JP/203Asia
- CCResident Engineer - Nexus 2K, 5K, 7K & 9KNSW
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- CCInformation Security Consultant - RSA ArcherNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC