Size is power in the mobile networks business, but it's only one of the reasons Nokia is acquiring Alcatel-Lucent.
EU charges Google with antitrust and opens Android probe... Intel sales down along with PCs... new lawsuits challenge net neutrality... and more tech news.
Nokia has said it has entered into a memorandum of understanding to acquire Alcatel-Lucent in a deal that would value the French telecommunications equipment maker at €15.6 billion (US$16.5 billion).
Former Office chief returns to Microsoft... Turing manuscript fetches $1 million... Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia talking merger... and more tech news.
Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent are in advanced merger talks, the companies confirmed Tuesday following media speculation that a deal was in the works.
Telstra, Optus and Vodafone will be among the first to range Microsoft’s 4G Lumia range in Australia.
In the romantic city of Barcelona, cellular and Wi-Fi are getting set up on a lot of dates this week.
Nokia Networks and Japanese carrier NTT DoCoMo are testing networks using extremely high frequencies that may someday deliver multi-gigabit speed to mobile devices.
Samsung jumps into payments... NXP buys Freescale to build a bigger chip company ... Iran "ready to work with Google"... and more tech news.
Spy agencies may have your phone’s encryption keys ... Re-engineering 4G for IoT... Hackers are still lurking in U.S. State Department network ... and more tech news.
A slower but more frugal version of LTE that has been customized for the Internet of Things will be demoed at Mobile World Congress next month.
Owners of recent Lumia smartphones that have just 512MB of memory might not get a full-featured, smartphone version of Windows 10.
Televisions that can show pictures far superior to today's best high-definition video are making headlines and attracting crowds at this week's Consumer Electronics Show. When they come to market in the next few years, they will likely include a new ...
The poor design of two different smartphones, a low-resolution front camera with the new iPhone, the Moto G's lack of LTE, and the hefty price tag of the Amazon Fire led to disappointment this year when it came to smartphone releases.
Nokia is once again developing mobile devices, and this time the company is using Android. The N1 tablet has a high-resolution 7.9-inch screen and a 5-megapixel front camera.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Upgrading to SAP Hana? This new tool can help prepare your code
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCContract System Engineer (Lotus Domin) 160129/SE/vccAsia
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- CCBusiness Process Analyst - Supply ChainVIC
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- CCSenior Wintel EngineerNSW
- CCAEM DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (C#/.Net)NSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- FTSenior Mobile Developer - IOSNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- FTTechnical WriterNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA