Nokia's Symbian is the world's most popular mobile operating system according to the latest Gartner research. Despite the rise of the iPhone and Android platforms, Symbian still accounts for almost 47 per cent of smartphone sales in the world.
Apple has thrown down the gauntlet to its competitors, releasing the fourth-generation iPhone, appropriately dubbed the iPhone 4.
Apple has launched its highly anticipated iPhone 4 [[artnid:352315|Google's Android operating system]] is going from strength to strength, and BlackBerry continues to push its e-mail-centric smartphones. But which mobile phone is best for you?
Screw Android 2.2. Forget the new iPhone. Nokia and Yahoo have some news.
As Nokia takes on Google with turn-by-turn voice navigation on select smartphones, the worst nightmares of GPS device makers are coming true.
If Apple was expecting Nokia to back down and retract its patent lawsuit after Apple countersued, apparently Nokia didn't get the memo. Nokia has launched a fresh assault, filing a new complaint with the United States International Trade Commission (...
If I had a dollar for every instance of misguided Wall Street speculation, I might be richer than a trader, but let's just imagine that Nokia will acquire Palm, as reported on Friday.
A rumor that Nokia might purchase Palm shot the troubled smartphone company's shares up on Friday and reignited the debate: What should happen to Palm?
Nokia spokespeople are quick to correct you if you slip and call the Booklet 3G a netbook.
Nokia's N900, the next tablet/smartphone/whatever to bat against Apple's iPhone, ships today. It's a big occasion for Nokia, as the N900 is its most powerful smartphone yet, and the device's Maemo 5 open source operating system is a diversion from Sy...
These days almost every mobile phone comes with a built-in camera. Although they are unlikely to replace a good quality, standalone digital camera, some of the latest mobile phones take excellent photos.
Buying a smartphone is daunting enough even before you consider what operating system it will run. From touch screens to QWERTY keyboards, candy-bars to sliders, e-mail to multimedia, choosing a smartphone has never been more confusing because of the...
The mobile phone is one of the fastest growing and most popular pieces of technology in history. From Motorola's first prototype mobile phone, which weighed almost a kilogram, to Apple's game-changing iPhone and the range latest touch-screen smartpho...
The Palm Pre, iPhone, and Android browsers were designed specifically for touchscreen phones. In contrast, the S60 browser that Nokia's touchscreen phones use goes back to an older S60 interface that did not focus on touchscreen use. This fact may ex...
For potential smartphone users, one of the most important features of any phone is its keyboard. Apple's [[artnid:309345|iPhone|Review: Apple iPhone 3GS]] is best known for its excellent touch screen, but many BlackBerry users swear by a physical QWE...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Israeli startup says its new software would have prevented Tesla hack
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT