Avoid the dreaded 'battery low' message with these simple tips
“The beauty of the Lumia 635 is someone with a flagship smartphone could pick this little Nokia up and still have all their needs met,” went the verdict of our Lumia 635 review.
Microsoft may be pulling the Nokia brand from Australia, but the glorious company will leave an indelible legacy. Here's but a glimpse at ten just examples.
Everyone has a favourite Nokia phone. It doesn’t matter if you back the friendly Nokia 5110 or the feature-rich Nokia N95, somewhere lodged in your memory lies a Nokia smartphone that brings about a sense of nostalgia.
Next generation smartphones, tablets and smartwatches from the world’s biggest brands near as the IFA 2014 tradeshow kicks off next week. Invitations, taunts and leaks from people in the know has helped the online community shape what products will b...
Last week we published five reasons to avoid the new HTC One (M8) smartphone, intended as forward-thinking criticisms to urge further refinement to an evolutionary product. For the few negatives, the HTC One (M8) has at least double the positives. In...
Motorola's Moto G is not just a great dual-SIM smartphone; but it's one of our favourite smartphones. And with the announcement of the first Windows dual-SIM Phone, the Nokia Lumia 630, Good Gear Guide has compiled 5 reasons why the often overlooked ...
If it weren't for the software, the Nexus 5 would be just another Android phone.
Nokia has just announced the Australian release of its new flagship Lumia 1020 smartphone. We've had the chance to use the device for the last few days, so is the camera really that good? Let's take a look.
Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia's Devices & Services business is a necessary gamble for the software company's future growth in mobile, and for Nokia an admission that it doesn't have enough resources to successfully compete with Samsung and Apple, ...
The Nokia Lumia 925 is essentially a refresh of last year's handset, the Lumia 920, but with a bit of added panache, like a thinner body to fit your hand better and a suite of extra software features. It's a capable phone, but Nokia forgot to include...
They say the best camera is the one you have with you. In the case of the Nokia Lumia 1020, you might as well be carrying a high-end point-and-shoot in your pocket, as the phone's 41-megapixel camera outclasses the shooters on both the Apple iPhone 5...
Nokia's new Lumia 925 Windows Phone hits Australia at the end of this month, and we've just been handed a review unit. Can it breathe life into the struggling Windows Phone operating system in Australia? We've taken a quick first look to find out.
Send messages - text, audio and video - for free quickly and easily with this selection of essential messaging apps for the iPhone.
The Nokia Lumia 928 is a humdrum Windows Phone that doesn't do much to stand out from the company's other mobile offerings. Available for $100 with a two-year contract on Verizon, the Lumia 928 offers specs similar to those of the Lumia 920--albeit i...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSAP BW developerVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCSharepoint DeveloperVIC
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTDatabase Administrator / ArchitectNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSupplier Relationship ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Producer (Part Time 3 Days Per Week)NSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Change Manager - Capital MarketsNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCTransition ManagerNSW
- CCJava Developer - multiple opportunitiesNSW
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCSales Development Executive - Software SolutionsNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - HealthcareVIC
- FTTechnology Risk ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCMid or Senior Developer - Mobile Applications - (iOS)NSW
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW