Just as it's done with the Pixel line, Google may eschew partnering with a third-party hardware maker for a high-end device.
This is likely the smaller and cheaper of two Nexus phones that HTC is building for Google this fall.
Google's giant phone will hit the last stop in October, though it doesn't necessarily mean you still won't get future updates.
Google is far from finished with its attempt to invade the living room, but the Nexus Player's time as part of that strategy is done.
HTC had a busy week in announcing the One M9, A9, and of course 10 will be first in line to get Android N when it exits beta.
There's also interest brewing in the tablet space, as the Nexus 9 has disappeared from the Google Store.
The update also makes several interface improvements, though it's only for Nexus devices.
A programmable shortcut button can launch a favorite app with one tap on the case.
It's been nice having OEMs make its devices, but it looks like Google's ready to take back Android's destiny into its own hands—for real this time.
The first smartphones to run Google’s Android 6.0 go on sale at major Australian carriers and retailers next week.
The new Nexus 5X got relatively good marks in terms of repairability from iFixit. Here's what they found.
Fixes to video stabilization on the Nexus 6P and support for T-Mobile's LTE Band 12 are the first priorities for device updates.
Biometric security, a focus on photography and improved battery life will be the hallmarks of Android Marshmallow when it premiers on upcoming Nexus devices from Huawei and LG.
We'll finally get to see the truth behind all those rumors that both LG and Huawei are building a new Nexus smartphone.
The Google commissioned and HTC made Nexus 9 goes on sale today at select Telstra stores in the lead up to Christmas.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Windows 10's big Anniversary Update will hit phones the same time as PCs
- Hands-on with Pokémon Go: Catch 'em all by exploring the real world
- The Assembly hands-on: The future of VR is adventure games
- EC Technology Foldable Bluetooth Keyboard review: This Jorno clone can save you a few bucks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCETL Developer - Tableau FocusNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCChange ManagerACT
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCUrgent requirement for a Splunk SMEVIC
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCIT Business AnalystNSW
- CCImplementation Manager (Digital Signs)QLD
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC