Last September, a new thread in Apple Support Communities briefly noted that a user was unable to get his iPhone 5 to pair with other Bluetooth devices. As it turned out, he was not alone. Cut to the present: this thread is now 29 pages long, with se...
Picture this: You're sitting down
We're at an awkward stage as the age of network-streamed multimedia matures. Broadband and cell providers have only recently realized the public's enormous appetite for streaming video, VoIP, and the combination of both.
Network-attached storage (NAS) can make your business easier to run and more efficient in multiple ways.
Given the importance of telephone systems, refreshing the technology can be daunting. However, for small and midsized businesses who consider upgrading from a PBX to VoIP, the benefits are clear and, with proper planning, the implementation is not ve...
Many routers (and modem/routers) offer a QoS feature, which is a handy way of ensuring that, for example, sending email and browsing the Web won't interfere with fast-paced online games or calls using Skype. QoS stands for 'Quality of Service' and it...
A reader has noticed that the Wi-Fi at her local library has slowed considerably in recent months, and she's wondering what's causing it: "Is it our computers, bogged down with too much junk, or is it something to do with the library's system?"
I'm a big fan of working at offsite locations--meaning my local Wi-Fi-equipped coffee shop. In fact, I'll often spend the afternoon hunkered down at Panera Bread, iced tea in one hand and a French Toast bagel in the other. (It's bad form to set up sh...
Have you ever broken the connector on an Ethernet cable, but didn't want to go out and buy a replacement? If you only have one or two broken cable heads, it's probably not worth it to find a crimper and new RJ45 connectors. This quick, clever, and ...
Hair-pullingly bad experiences with wireless networking have led me to formulate Snyder's First Law of Home Networking: No matter who sells you the router, you'll have at least one excruciating session with tech support before you have an Internet co...
Whether your setup is wired or wireless, we have the cable know-how you need for your network.
I'm a big fan of Windows 7's Libraries feature, which makes it easy to find the documents, music, pictures, and videos scattered across various locations on your hard drive.
With Windows 7, you can more easily share files and printers across a network via the new HomeGroups feature. HomeGroups lets you connect to files and printers with a group password - if all the PCs have Windows 7. But I'll show you how to get your W...
Networking isn't just for business anymore--these days, home networks are the norm.
Network problems are the thorniest to resolve. They've been known to reduce my vocabulary to curses so strong they'd embarrass Quentin Tarantino.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCICT Strategy ConsultantNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCTest ManagerVIC
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC