Last September, a new thread in Apple Support Communities briefly noted that a user was unable to get his iPhone 5 to pair with other Bluetooth devices. As it turned out, he was not alone. Cut to the present: this thread is now 29 pages long, with se...
Picture this: You're sitting down
We're at an awkward stage as the age of network-streamed multimedia matures. Broadband and cell providers have only recently realized the public's enormous appetite for streaming video, VoIP, and the combination of both.
Network-attached storage (NAS) can make your business easier to run and more efficient in multiple ways.
Given the importance of telephone systems, refreshing the technology can be daunting. However, for small and midsized businesses who consider upgrading from a PBX to VoIP, the benefits are clear and, with proper planning, the implementation is not ve...
Many routers (and modem/routers) offer a QoS feature, which is a handy way of ensuring that, for example, sending email and browsing the Web won't interfere with fast-paced online games or calls using Skype. QoS stands for 'Quality of Service' and it...
A reader has noticed that the Wi-Fi at her local library has slowed considerably in recent months, and she's wondering what's causing it: "Is it our computers, bogged down with too much junk, or is it something to do with the library's system?"
I'm a big fan of working at offsite locations--meaning my local Wi-Fi-equipped coffee shop. In fact, I'll often spend the afternoon hunkered down at Panera Bread, iced tea in one hand and a French Toast bagel in the other. (It's bad form to set up sh...
Have you ever broken the connector on an Ethernet cable, but didn't want to go out and buy a replacement? If you only have one or two broken cable heads, it's probably not worth it to find a crimper and new RJ45 connectors. This quick, clever, and ...
Hair-pullingly bad experiences with wireless networking have led me to formulate Snyder's First Law of Home Networking: No matter who sells you the router, you'll have at least one excruciating session with tech support before you have an Internet co...
Whether your setup is wired or wireless, we have the cable know-how you need for your network.
I'm a big fan of Windows 7's Libraries feature, which makes it easy to find the documents, music, pictures, and videos scattered across various locations on your hard drive.
With Windows 7, you can more easily share files and printers across a network via the new HomeGroups feature. HomeGroups lets you connect to files and printers with a group password - if all the PCs have Windows 7. But I'll show you how to get your W...
Networking isn't just for business anymore--these days, home networks are the norm.
Network problems are the thorniest to resolve. They've been known to reduce my vocabulary to curses so strong they'd embarrass Quentin Tarantino.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Free Basics prohibited in India
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCLync/Skype EngineerNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCDesktop Support Engineer/Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior Front End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamVIC
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- FTSystems Engineer / Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst - Superannuation FundVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Reports) 160129/AP/vhs-aAsia
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- FTProject Manager | Defence projects | NV1/NV2 cleared | Canberra basedACT