LAS VEGAS -- AT&T will launch LTE smartphones, networks and other devices in mid-2011, and expects to complete a nationwide LTE deployment by the end of 2013, AT&T Mobility President Ralph de la Vega announced Wednesday at the AT&T Develo...
The number of superfast broadband connections in the UK looks set to exceed 600,000 by the end of 2011, says <a href="http://www.point-topic.com">Point Topic</a>.
Qualcomm has entered into an agreement to purchase chip maker Atheros for $US3.1 billion, or $45 per share, in cash, the company said on Wednesday.
Wireless technology provider Qualcomm is in advanced talks to acquire Atheros Communications, a major vendor of Wi-Fi chips, according to news reports on Tuesday.
The war is over and USB has won ... or has it? At CES this week a new wireless SATA interface will try to dethrone SuperSpeed USB by offering speeds of up to 6Gbps vs. USB 3.0's max of 5Gbps.
As we close out 2010 and welcome 2011 it is clear we're at an interesting juncture in IT, with new opportunities stretching out before us. The key will be what we make of the opportunities and how we position our efforts to capitalize on them.
The 802.11n standard was ratified in 2009 and WiFi really took off in 2010, with support showing up in an array of consumer electronic devices. Unfortunately security related issues escalated right along with growing acceptance. Here’s a look back a...
Diversity is key in Duke University's MBA-Cross-Continent program, which brings together students from around the world and sends them to several continents to learn. But when it comes to tools for linking the students and faculty in that program, a ...
Vodafone Hutchison Australia (ASX: VHA) has apologised to customers for recent problems with its 3G network upgrade.
The Federal Government this morning released the long-awaited corporate plan outlining how NBN Co plans to build and operate its planned fibre network over the next decade and more, including tantalising details such as the promise of a uniform natio...
Jailbreaking a smartphone means fiddling with its OS so you can load the applications of your choice, bypassing the requirement to download digitally signed apps only from, say, Apple’s iTunes App Store. Opinions tend to be binary: Either jailbreakin...
Not long after being criticized for not knowing how to make money, Facebook is looking to reel in more than $2 billion in sales in 2010.
Notify Technology has announced a new hosted management service aimed at enterprise deployments of different mobile platforms, including iOS, Android, BlackBerry OS, webOS and Windows Mobile.
A new survey of business IT buyers shows demand for the new-style tablets is exploding in the enterprise. One big surprise is the willingness of enterprises to use tablets such as the iPad to replace laptops, for years the main mobile computing platf...
There are basically two ways to cut WAN costs: reduce the amount of bandwidth used or find somebody who sells cheaper bandwidth.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- A new Microsoft foldable device patent offers more grist for the Surface phone rumor mill
- Epson FastFoto FF-640 review: Quick, convenient photo scans don’t come cheap
- EZVIZ Husky review: This weatherproof camera gives you an eye on the outside of your home
- Reality check: How Windows 10's new privacy controls stack up
- Dash cam review: The Garmin Dash Cam 35 is a little bigger and better for the price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior System AdministratorVIC
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXSA
- CCMicrosoft Devops Engineers - contract - SydneyNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- TPDigital Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network ArchitectVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTCheckpoint Firewall and VPNNSW
- CCWebMethod DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerWA
- CCBusiness/Process AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCReporting AnalystVIC
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW