MIAMI -- With all the hype surrounding 4G technologies such as LTE and WiMAX, it's easy to forget just how useful Wi-Fi is in our daily lives.
Routing issues, slow network applications, DNS resolution problems -- a network administrator has to deal with a host of network nuisances on a daily basis. How do you survive when you're constantly under the gun to fix the problems? Like any other p...
Verizon Wireless today warned new customers that it will throttle back data speeds on the top five per cent of users who hog network bandwidth, a move apparently timed with the Feb. 10 carrier's launch of the data-hungry iPhone 4.
Health-care facilities in two states have begun exchanging data with each other and public health agencies over the Internet as part of a pilot program that standardizes the way patient information is transmitted. The goal is to speed up data transmi...
The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA) has handed out its last IPv4 addresses, leaving the remaining blocks to regional registries that in some cases may exhaust them within a few months.
Egypt returned to the Internet earlier today by reversing the "kill switch" move it made last week when it withdrew router announcements, experts said.
Apple (NASDAQ – AAPL) kicked off 2011 with a series of highs and lows: The company reported that the iPhone and iPad fueled record sales, joined forces with Verizon and opened a new app store, but it also said CEO Steve Jobs was taking a medical lea...
Juniper Networks is accelerating its plan to support IPv6 on its public-facing website and Web services, following criticism that the router maker was lagging rivals including Cisco Systems and Brocade Networks in this critical area.
The Internet has run out of IPv4 address space.
The rising tide of distributed denial of service attacks (DDoS) is being made much worse by a tendency to mis-deploy firewalls and intrusion prevention systems (IPS) in front of servers, a report by Arbor Networks has found.
A press conference taking place on Thursday in Miami is expected to mark the last allocation of internet protocol version 4 (IPv4) addresses by the central authority that assigns them.
CEOs, like children, squabble sometimes, and publicly rail against one another in the name of corporate positioning. But usually the dueling suits occupy the same product market, or are somehow competing. This doesn't appear to be the case with the g...
For the first time in its short history, Google Android is now the No.1 mobile operating system in the world, according to research firm Canalys.
On the back of Samsung Galaxy Tab sales, Android tablets grabbed a 22% share of the world's tablet market last quarter, denting for the first time the iPad's dominance, a research firm said today.
Vodafone, with 28 million cellular customers in Egypt, and France Telecom restored mobile voice services there on Saturday, one day after service stopped because the government demanded the cut-off, Vodafone said on its Web site.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- IDG Pokémon Go bible
- The best Pokémon Go map grabs data directly from the Pokémon Go servers
- Apple reports second straight quarter of declining iPhone sales
- NTSB: Tesla in fatal crash was speeding with Autopilot on
- Office 365 gets new Word, PowerPoint and Outlook features
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTJava DeveloperVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160802/ITA/991Asia
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL/Web) 160719/P/741Asia
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- CCSAP FICO Consultant/SAP FICO Stream LeadNSW
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- CCIP & Fixed Process Improvement SpecialistVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- CCAgile Performance Tester- Bamboo, Jenkins, Confluence, JiraNSW
- CCDigital Project Manager, AgileNSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- CCPre-Sales Consulting Business AnalystVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCChange Portfolio ManagerNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerWA
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- FTIdentity Systems Analyst / Solution DesignerACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW