Verizon and Motorola are teaming up to give public safety agencies access to their own LTE networks that can be supplemented by Verizon coverage when needed.
For 15 years, Internet engineers and policymakers have been publicizing the need to upgrade the 'Net's current addressing scheme -- known as IPv4 -- to handle the network-of-network's explosive growth. Yet many U.S. CIOs and CTOs continue to harbor m...
Two days after the first Windows Phone 7 update become available, and problems began surfacing for some users, Microsoft has released some details about why.
Despite the fact that <a href="http://www.networkworld.com/news/2010/020310-facebook-sees-need-for-terabit.html">Facebook famously said</a> that it needs Terabit Ethernet, the wait for the technology could last years, experts say.
Alcatel-Lucent and Taiwan's main fixed-line telecom provider will build a gigabit passive optical network by the third quarter of 2011 to merge high-speed Internet with other services.
Early users of the Motorola Xoom tablet have rendered their verdict of Google's tablet-centric operating system: Needs improvement.
Virtualization, video and massive amounts of data are all driving enterprises and service providers toward 100-Gigabit Ethernet, but the cost of the fledgling technology remains prohibitively high and few products have been installed, industry observ...
Apple's release on Thursday of a developer preview of the next Mac OS X version showcases a range of ideas and features adopted from the iOS-based iPad tablet.
"More power" is the theme of Apple's new MacBook Pro notebook computers unveiled Thursday, with multi-core processors, improved graphics, and a blazingly fast new I/O technology called Thunderbolt that tops out at 10Gbps.
1. It really is fast. TeliaSonera, the Swedish carrier that in 2009 launched the first major commercial long-term evolution (LTE) service, delivered an average downstream speed of 33.4Mbps in informal tests last year. Verizon Wireless, which is using...
A new federal study finds that holding a cell phone to your ear for a sustained period of time does cause temporary changes to your brain, though it's unclear whether the impact is good, bad or neutral.
Juniper Networks today announced the results of $100 million in research and development: a new architecturefor data center infrastructure called QFabric
While new smartphones often tout their superior hardware, Motorola's new Android-based ATRIX 4G is living up to the hype, says iFixit.
The software glitch afflicting some Samsung Windows Phone 7 users is being magnified by an apparent lack of coordination among the key players in Microsoft's mobile environment.
Less than a year after 100-Gigabit Ethernet was standardized, an industry group is considering a set of specifications that might make the high-speed technology less expensive and more useful.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 2 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 3 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
- 4 Apple Watch review: saving time
- 5 Samsung SUHD smart TV (JS9500) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- FCC tells TracFone it must allow phone unlocking
- Microsoft's Office 2016 preview gets real-time editing in Word and more
- Want an IPv4 address? Get in line
- Microsoft streamlines hybrid cloud operations with new tools
- Sencha's new framework helps enterprises build Web apps for all devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.