With nearly $100 million in new funding, Internet2, the faster, better Internet reserved for research and education, has embarked on an upgrade that will boost backbone capacity to a staggering 8.8Tbps and expand services to hundreds of thousands of ...
Seven segments of undersea data and telephone transmission cables that were damaged in the March 11 earthquake off Japan should be repaired by early May, an arm of Japan's biggest telecom group said on Friday.
With a new laptop computer under his arm, Kenji Takemoto marched into the Takasago Day Care Center in Sendai. It's been almost a month since an earthquake and tsunami devastated the coastal area of this city and for the tens of families living in the...
Our colleagues over at IDC caused some chuckles to break out across the tech world when they predicted that Microsoft's Windows phones will beat the iPhone in market share by 2015. Impossible! Absurd! seemed to be the default responses.
Dramatic expense cuts and a narrowed focus on five networking technologies, including video, are coming to Cisco Systems as part of a massive planned turnaround, Cisco CEO John Chambers told financial analysts Thursday.
WiMax carrier Clearwire has added a low-cost prepaid mobile operator, Locus Telecommunications, to the set of partners that offer services over its high-speed broadband network.
Are two screens better than one? In recent years, device makers have been exploring this question with mixed results.
Rsupport this week launched a new application that will let IT departments remotely support and manage their users' Android-based devices.
Verizon customers this week received email informing them that their personal contact information had been compromised as part of the expansive attack against Epsilon.
Forget about insider trading. Use Twitter.
iPad 2 shortages may have started easing in the U.S. but they're plaguing the afterlife in Malaysia: Chinese families there are scrambling to find paper replicas of the new tablet to burn at the tombs of their ancestors.
Google is bidding $US900 million in cash for thousands of patents that Nortel will auction off as part of its bankruptcy proceedings, the companies said Monday.
Aruba Networks is introducing the first fruits of its acquisition of Azalea Networks this week, boosting the speed of the wireless mesh gear with IEEE 802.11n technology and integrating it into the Aruba MeshOS management system.
Brainshark has unveiled features for its video presentation service to create a more interactive experience for smartphone users.
A United Nations report into disaster relief calls for improved data sharing and technology collaboration between agencies to help save lives.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- The eyes have it: How one startup aims to change the future of VR
- Gaming on Linux, Steam machines set to soar with DirectX competitor Vulkan
- Google didn't abuse its position in Streetmap case, UK court rules
- New Chromebook won't break with 365-pound person standing on it
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- FTLead Software Developer- Complex Tax & Superannuation SolutionsNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- CCSAP Business Intelligence SpecialistQLD
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End Developer Required Working World Leading Digital TeamNSW
- CCOperations AnalystNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCSystem AdminVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW