WiMax service provider Clearwire posted record subscriber growth of 1.8 million in the first quarter and said it no longer plans to sell radio spectrum this year to raise money. Nevertheless, it reported another substantial quarterly loss.
Motorola Solutions Tuesday recast its enterprise WLAN product line with a new range of one- and two-radio 802.11n Wi-Fi access points, plus a large-scale controller that can handle 10,000 access points.
Brocade Technologies, which announced 16G bps (bit-per-second) Fibre Channel products on Monday, is already working on a 32G bps version and expects to have it on the market within three years.
RIM's latest smartphone is something of a throwback to earlier days when smaller screens and full qwerty keyboards were all the rage.
Juniper Networks this week is rolling out its first dedicated line of enterprise edge routers, a collection of products that borrow technology from the company's powerful service provider routers and that will give customers a new alternative to Cisc...
I just got my sweaty hands on a RIM BlackBerry PlayBook. This is my first pass at analyzing the product and ... well, we'll get to conclusions later.
President Obama's late-night announcement of the death of Osama bin Laden by Navy SEALs triggered a massive amount of real-time comments, searches, social networking and video streaming. The traffic explosion bogged down news pages and for a while ev...
Locking down your home Wi-Fi network with a password is like making sure you eat your broccoli. It's probably good for you, but you probably think it's not much of a priority or a big deal. Well, it's time to make an attitude adjustment. It turns out...
Apple's iOS, the mobile operating system that powers the iPad and iPhone, has more than doubled its share of the worldwide operating system market over the past 10 months.
OpenDNS, one of the Internet's most popular free DNS services, is now offering production-grade support for IPv6, an upgrade to the Internet's main communications protocol known as IPv4.
Cisco Systems launched its first containerized data center on Monday, coming late to the party but offering some unique management features that could help set it apart from other vendors.
A day after Yahoo's email service suffered a partial outage, the company reported that about 1 million users were affected.
Amazon has released a detailed postmortem and mea culpa about the partial outage of its cloud services platform last week and identified the culprit: A configuration error made during a network upgrade.
Sprint added 1.1 million new wireless subscribers last quarter but the company still lost $439 million over the same period.
Apple is testing internally the next major iOS release with third-party applications, according to some trace evidence uncovered by an iPhone software developer.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
- Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 15014 officially adds ebook support
- Data shows Tesla vehicle crashes dropped 40% with Autopilot
- Mozilla's new corporate logo evokes URL lingo
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTJunior Software DeveloperQLD
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCProject SchedulerQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) Technical Team LeaderACT
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC