Amazon has released a detailed postmortem and mea culpa about the partial outage of its cloud services platform last week and identified the culprit: A configuration error made during a network upgrade.
Sprint added 1.1 million new wireless subscribers last quarter but the company still lost $439 million over the same period.
Apple is testing internally the next major iOS release with third-party applications, according to some trace evidence uncovered by an iPhone software developer.
Android has shot past BlackBerry to become the third most popular smartphone operating system in the world behind Symbian and the iPhone , according to StatCounter.
Verizon Wireless said its 4G LTE network was "up and running" at 11 a.m. Eastern time on Thursday, following a nationwide outage that began late Tuesday.
An anonymous coder is messing with the heads of jailbreakers – the folks who develop and run code that lets your Apple iOS device load applications without having to rely solely on the company’s iTunes service. The twist: this code, by design, fails...
Yahoo's email service was struggling Thursday with users around the globe complaining that they've had no access for most of the day.
If your corporate network starts to get a bit sluggish Friday, you might have to blame Prince William and Kate Middleton.
Your office is now optional. A recent study from Infonetics Research projects that enterprises will spend $5 billion on videoconferencing and telepresence by 2015. To accommodate the need for instant connectivity and information sharing at the office...
Apple on Wednesday released a statement about its iPhone location tracking, clarifying its practices and promising changes via a software update.
Verizon this morning acknowledged that its 4G LTE network was not working for users across the U.S. after reports trickled in overnight about a nationwide outage.
Research in Motion moved to boost its mobile devices' calendar capabilities by buying Tungle, an enterprise scheduling application developer, for an undisclosed sum.
The Attachmate Group announced Wednesday that it has completed its $2.2 billion acquisition of Novell, a networking pioneer in the 1980s that’s now being described as “a leader in intelligent workload management” by its new owner.
This vendor-written tech primer has been edited by Network World to eliminate product promotion, but readers should note it will likely favor the submitter's approach.
Given how much confusing and often contradictory information has been filling the media over the last week, it wouldn't surprise me if some iPhone users were calling in priests to exorcise the demons of privacy invasion.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 2 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 3 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 4 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 5 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft links Power BI to Alteryx for deeper analytics
- SHA-1 hashing algorithm could succumb to $75K attack, researchers say
- IBM chases Intel with new Power-based Linux servers sold over the Web
- Sony's Xperia Z5, Z5 Compact go on sale next week at Australia's largest telcos
- Amazon takes aim at Etsy with 'Handmade' store for handcrafted items
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDatabase Marketing ManagerNSW
- CCMilitary simulation programmer with C# and Unity - 3 monthsNSW
- FTProduct Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Music IndustryNSW
- FTSystems Administrator - Managed ServicesNSW
- FTMid level IT consultant | Systems Integration & Managed ServicesNSW
- FTLinux Administrator with AWS & DevopsNSW
- FTManual Test Engineer | Financial Institution | Web testingNSW
- FTSenior Account Manager - PR AgencyNSW
- FT1st & 2nd level IT support all-rounder in beautiful rural BathurstNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | National commercial law firm | MS, AWS & eDiscoveryNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Development & Account ManagementNSW
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTAccount Manager | Client Side - Previous Agency Experience Welcome!!NSW
- FTSenior Consultant | Project work | National Systems IntegratorVIC
- FTSales SpecialistNSW
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC