South Korean carrier KT has said it wants to launch the first 5G network at the 2018 Winter Olympics in PyeongChang. On Thursday, KT announced a successful trial of one potential 5G technology in that mountain resort region.
Huawei is getting into networked streetlamps with a system that will let third-party developers add other smart-city capabilities.
AMD wants to counter concerns that system administrators may have about placing ARM servers in data centers with its new chips code-named Seattle, which are now shipping in volume after a long delay.
While he thinks Dell buying EMC makes sense financially, Sun Microsystems co-founder, Vinod Khosla, has little faith in the merged company's ability to innovate.
Cisco is working to build the confidence of prospective customers in its products, two years after the NSA spying disclosures seeded doubt, particularly in China.
Smart cities could become healthier cities as the Internet of Things learns to gauge conditions from the sky to the sewer.
The first question is: Where’s the Cloud?
Dell's acquisition of EMC will give it access to a sales force notorious for its ability to "sell ice to eskimos," while EMC will gain a new foothold among mid-market customers. As a private entity, the combined result will face a freedom from market...
Cisco is tying with a Chinese partner for joint development and better access to the local market, according to a newspaper report.
Installing rogue firmware on embedded devices has long been a concern for security researchers, and it seems that such attacks have started to gain ground with hackers.
Qualcomm has entered into an agreement to acquire Ikanos Communications in order to speed up its efforts to build home gateways with integrated support for G.fast, which promises to offer hundreds of megabit per second over copper.
Cisco will pay incoming CEO Chuck Robbins a higher salary than outgoing chief John Chambers made in fiscal 2014.
Cisco Systems is tightening its relationship with Sensity Systems, a Silicon Valley startup that wants buildings and cities now adopting LED lighting to embrace the Internet of Things.
The retail giant's connected-home concept store in San Francisco showcases dozens of cool IoT products for the home, but buyers are still on their own.
A new feature of Wi-Fi could help people find both each other and things nearby, without even being near a hotspot.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- Laptops are about to get a whole lot faster
- After bias furor, Facebook replaces people with algorithms
- Ford, MIT use Bostonians’ cellphone location data for traffic planning
- Google Wallet will now automatically send money transfers straight to your bank account
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTOperations ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCABAP DeveloperVIC
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure Engineer - Cloud computingAsia
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia
- CCOperational Applications Support AnalystNSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCJava DeveloperACT
- CCMessaging Services Systems AdministratorACT
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160817/SITA/902Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCSolution Architect - Data MigrationVIC
- FTWeb Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/P/743Asia
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia