Today is Patch Tuesday again. The ninth of the year already. Microsoft has released five new security bulletins, and Adobe has joined the party with some security patching of its own today. With all of the vulnerabilities and updates, though, you nee...
An attack on a Dutch company that issues certificates used to authenticate websites was state-sponsored, according to the chief executive of Comodo, a company that also issues digital certificates and suffered a similar setback in March.
The hacking group Anonymous has waged a full-on war on BART, the San Francisco subway system, over cellular shutdowns to stifle protests. Following two demonstrations that led to temporary station closures, hacking and posting personal information of...
Every company in every conceivable industry is compromised by hackers - or will be shortly - according to a report from McAfee, a major maker of cybersecurity software.
Cybercrime cost corporations 56 percent more this year than last, according to an annual study from the Ponemon Institute and sponsored by ArcSight, an HP company.
Today is the final Microsoft Patch Tuesday for 2010. It has been a busy year for Microsoft when it comes to security bulletins, and December is no exception as Microsoft closes out the year with a record 17 security bulletins. With only a week or so ...
A wireless connection isn't just handy when you're out and about. There are more options for going wireless at home, whether it's so you can enjoy catch-up TV you've downloaded on your actual telly (rather than the PC screen) or so you can work in a ...
I like the idea of keeping a Wi-Fi network open so visitors can be welcomed into the warm Internet like Elijah to a seder. But for your business, you'll likely want restrict access as much as possible to minimize the risk of stolen data. A Wi-Fi netw...
Laptops used to be the only devices on the company's wireless network. But Wi-Fi has become a ubiquitous standard used by a host of devices -- including desktop PCs, laptops, netbooks, tablets, smartphones, printers, storage devices, and projectors.
There are more than a few critics of cloud computing, even at PCWorld; I'm probably one of them. But I've been turning over in my mind different perspectives on the cloud. I've tried to set aside the views of the IT executive, who seems to dominate t...
Yet another survey is indicating that security is a big issue for those intending to take up cloud computing.
In recent weeks WikiLeaks has been targeted by denial-of-service (DoS) attacks, had its hosting service shutdown, been bounced off of Amazon hosting, had its funding through PayPal, MasterCard and other sources shut down, and its leader arrested on s...
The continuing saga of Google's wireless snooping and the maelstrom it's generated won't end anytime soon.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Ford Focus ST (2015) review: Absolutely mental styling, engine, handling
- 2 LG 65-inch UHD TV (65UF950T) review
- 3 Playing chicken with a Tesla Model S
- 4 Audi TT (2015) review: A smarter take on the sports coupe
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Deals on Good Gear Guide
- Networking, Wireless & VoIP
Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Airbnb guest suspected of stealing $35k from San Francisco home
- Nokia reaches deal to sell Here business to Audi, BMW Group and Daimler
- Indian government orders ISPs to block 857 porn websites
- DNS server attacks begin using BIND software flaw
- Fake Apple iOS crash reports prove tricky to remove
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMarketing Coordinator - World's largest search engine!NSW
- FTSenior Network EngineerNSW
- FTDesktop Engineering ManagerNSW
- CCLead Generator - Software SolutionsNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager & Account ManagerVIC
- CCAccount Strategist | Sales Executive | Global Search EngineNSW
- FTDevOps Consultant - Microsoft Experience - Digital ConsultancyVIC
- FTField EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Sales Support Representative - The Worlds largest Search Engine!NSW