Texas Instruments and Qualcomm are working on products that will power small mobile base stations, also known as small cells, and help improve indoor coverage and speeds for enterprises.
Networking and telecom equipment vendor Huawei has won a provisional injunction against sales of 4G base stations by competitor ZTE in Germany.
A version of LTE that could give consumers more mobile bandwidth for downloading content or apps is moving from the margins to the mainstream at Mobile World Congress this week.
In the world of high-frequency trading, where being ahead of the competition by a few milliseconds can mean profits worth millions of dollars, finance firms are increasingly looking to decades-old microwave technologies for a competitive edge.
It already sells phones and tablets, provides a wealth of online services and has been laying high-speed fiber to people's homes. Now Google is apparently considering a wireless network service as well.
The number of public Wi-Fi hotspots is expected to increase by 350 percent in the next four years, as operators look for ways to offload traffic from their mobile networks, according to a report by market research company Informa Telecoms and Media.
The U.S. government and the country's top mobile phone service providers on Tuesday launched a public safety program that will allow people to receive emergency alerts via text message.
A China backed telecommunications technology known as LTE TDD is being used to build new high-speed 4G (fourth generation) networks in Sweden and Denmark, highlighting the spread of the technology.
While Wi-Fi has increasingly become the primary choice for office worker connectivity, it may be some time before it replaces wired networks altogether, according to panelists at the Interop conference, held last week in New York.
MetroPCS, with a customer base of just 7.6 million, doesn't seem the most likely mobile operator to launch the first commercial LTE networks in the U.S., but its small size actually was one of the reasons the carrier jumped on the new technology, Met...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z3 review: The no-frills flagship
- 2 Samsung's Galaxy Alpha review: A peek into the Galaxy S6
- 3 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 review: The busiest, biggest and best Samsung phablet
- 4 Aldi's $279 Bauhn Sphere review: Disappointing
- 5 Nokia Lumia 735 review: Perfectly ordinary
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google's Gmail appears to have been blocked by China at IP level
- 'The Interview' already Sony Pictures' top online film ever
- Sony: PlayStation Network is back online now, really
- Reports: North Korea's Internet access, mobile networks down
- PlayStation Network recovering after outage
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.