Texas Instruments and Qualcomm are working on products that will power small mobile base stations, also known as small cells, and help improve indoor coverage and speeds for enterprises.
Networking and telecom equipment vendor Huawei has won a provisional injunction against sales of 4G base stations by competitor ZTE in Germany.
A version of LTE that could give consumers more mobile bandwidth for downloading content or apps is moving from the margins to the mainstream at Mobile World Congress this week.
In the world of high-frequency trading, where being ahead of the competition by a few milliseconds can mean profits worth millions of dollars, finance firms are increasingly looking to decades-old microwave technologies for a competitive edge.
It already sells phones and tablets, provides a wealth of online services and has been laying high-speed fiber to people's homes. Now Google is apparently considering a wireless network service as well.
The number of public Wi-Fi hotspots is expected to increase by 350 percent in the next four years, as operators look for ways to offload traffic from their mobile networks, according to a report by market research company Informa Telecoms and Media.
The U.S. government and the country's top mobile phone service providers on Tuesday launched a public safety program that will allow people to receive emergency alerts via text message.
A China backed telecommunications technology known as LTE TDD is being used to build new high-speed 4G (fourth generation) networks in Sweden and Denmark, highlighting the spread of the technology.
While Wi-Fi has increasingly become the primary choice for office worker connectivity, it may be some time before it replaces wired networks altogether, according to panelists at the Interop conference, held last week in New York.
MetroPCS, with a customer base of just 7.6 million, doesn't seem the most likely mobile operator to launch the first commercial LTE networks in the U.S., but its small size actually was one of the reasons the carrier jumped on the new technology, Met...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Frazzled or burnt out? You need downtime but where do you find it?
- SurveyMonkey: Pokémon Go popularity may have already peaked
- Report: Apple Car launch date slips back a year to 2021
- Pokémon Go and the demon-haunted world
- Gaming desktops with AMD Zen chips will be hard to come by this year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- FTSolution Architect - Digital (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCSenior Tester - Automation / Telecommunications (Urgent)NSW
- CCCRM Technical Consultant / DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/SQL) 160721/AP/624Asia
- CCReport Business Analyst- BI, Oracle, SAP, TableauNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - End-User ComputingNSW
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCServiceNow Technical LeadNSW
- CCAssociate Engineer (Communications Engineering)Asia
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- FTSAP ESB Service Management SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business Intelligence Analyst - "Power BI"QLD
- CCUI/UX DesignerNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCApplication Tester - Windows 10 ProjectWA