Texas Instruments and Qualcomm are working on products that will power small mobile base stations, also known as small cells, and help improve indoor coverage and speeds for enterprises.
Networking and telecom equipment vendor Huawei has won a provisional injunction against sales of 4G base stations by competitor ZTE in Germany.
A version of LTE that could give consumers more mobile bandwidth for downloading content or apps is moving from the margins to the mainstream at Mobile World Congress this week.
In the world of high-frequency trading, where being ahead of the competition by a few milliseconds can mean profits worth millions of dollars, finance firms are increasingly looking to decades-old microwave technologies for a competitive edge.
It already sells phones and tablets, provides a wealth of online services and has been laying high-speed fiber to people's homes. Now Google is apparently considering a wireless network service as well.
The number of public Wi-Fi hotspots is expected to increase by 350 percent in the next four years, as operators look for ways to offload traffic from their mobile networks, according to a report by market research company Informa Telecoms and Media.
The U.S. government and the country's top mobile phone service providers on Tuesday launched a public safety program that will allow people to receive emergency alerts via text message.
A China backed telecommunications technology known as LTE TDD is being used to build new high-speed 4G (fourth generation) networks in Sweden and Denmark, highlighting the spread of the technology.
While Wi-Fi has increasingly become the primary choice for office worker connectivity, it may be some time before it replaces wired networks altogether, according to panelists at the Interop conference, held last week in New York.
MetroPCS, with a customer base of just 7.6 million, doesn't seem the most likely mobile operator to launch the first commercial LTE networks in the U.S., but its small size actually was one of the reasons the carrier jumped on the new technology, Met...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple Maps tunnel navigation can be dangerous
- Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- Hackers have a treasure trove of data with the Yahoo breach
- The so-called Universal Stylus Initiative launches without the three biggest players
- Facebook, Twitter, YouTube get in on presidential debates
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCDesktop Infrastructure SpecialistACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCProgram Manager - Data InsightVIC
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTIT Pre-Sales EngineerSA
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst with change management experienceACT