Is your netbook envious of touch-driven devices? You can't turn your netbook into an iPad, but you can retrofit it with a touchscreen and avoid the tiny touchpad.
Small, light and extremely portable, netbooks are ideal for computing on the move. But deciding which mini laptop is best for you isn't an easy task - particularly when every choice demands a trade-off.
While the easiest way to install Windows 7 on a netbook is by booting from an external DVD drive, it’s probably not worth spending $100 on a drive that you won’t use more than a few times. It’s much more economical to use a 4GB USB key, which will on...
Most modern desktops and laptops have power to spare, but netbooks are notoriously pokey. Consequently, you should turn off any operating-system features that can make your Lilliputian PC even slower.
When did entertainment get so complicated? So many files, and so many formats. Our no-hassle tips for iTunes music and digital video will let you play what you want, where you want, on any device you own. We'll also show you how to enjoy and share yo...
By now you know that you can download the Windows 7 Release Candidate free of charge from Microsoft and use it for nearly a year.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCData Migration Quality Manager- SAP ECCNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia