A Wi-Fi connected smoke and carbon monoxide detector
New version of the Wemo app taps the Nest Home/Away Assist feature.
They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. With Nest's motion-sensing camera, that prevention will put a dent in your wallet.
Nest Labs, Google's home sensing unit, made its long-awaited move into the home security market on Wednesday when it unveiled Nest Cam.
Will 2015 be the year that the "connected home" hyped at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas finally establishes itself in reality?
Nest, the smart thermostat from Google, is about to get a little faster at learning your preferences.
Despite the hype surrounding the Internet of Things and smart home, one of the industry's largest players, Google's Nest, is struggling to innovate and scale. What’s the problem?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- Battlefield 1 review: Familiar multiplayer wedded to a brilliant WWI campaign
- Microsoft rescues disheveled lady Skypers with its TeleBeauty virtual makeup app
- Samsung releases super-high-capacity 8GB DRAM
- Mars lander goes silent, but scientists remain hopeful
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- FTRelease CoordinatorACT
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCWebpage Designer - Canberra RoleNSW
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (SQL/Web) 161027/SA/842Asia
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTDelivery LeadNSW
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle) 161012/SSA/623Asia
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- FTCRM Developer - MS Dynamics CRMNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (UNIX/Windows) 161028/ITA/003Asia
- CCSystem TestersQLD
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Java Analyst Programmer - Front Office TradingNSW
- CCCommunications ManagerVIC
- CCSitecore DeveloperNSW
- CCSAS DI DeveloperNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA