Intel on Thursday said it would release a successor to its eight-core Nehalem-EX chips next year with more cores and faster speeds as it tries to push the limits of server performance.
Intel this week reaffirmed its commitment to developing the Itanium processor, but also said it wants to grab market share with Xeon server chips in high-performance computing, where Itanium also plays.
Intel on Tuesday announced eight-core Nehalem-EX chips, which the company said provide performance jumps that could bring critical infrastructure computing to mainstream servers.
Intel's eight-core Nehalem EX server processor will include a technology derived from its high-end Itanium chips that helps to reduce data corruption and ensure reliable server performance, the company said Tuesday.
Intel may not release its upcoming Nehalem EX line of Xeon chips for servers that have four or more processors until early next year, an Intel executive said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Check out our Father’s Day Gift Guide
- Linksys Max-Stream AC1900+ WiFi Range Extender RE7000 review
- Sony reveals DualShock 4 wireless adapter for PCs
- Exclusive no more: Sony's PlayStation Now is bringing hundreds of PS3 games to PCs
- AMD sweetens its 6- and 8-core FX chips with free Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCPorfolio Value Delivery ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Intelligence Business AnalystSA
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- CCSr. SQL Server DBANSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectACT
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- FTDB2 Systems ProgrammerWA
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTProject Administrator (Agile)WA
- FTTest EngineerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTIT ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology Specialist Networks & SecurityVIC
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC