Intel on Thursday said it would release a successor to its eight-core Nehalem-EX chips next year with more cores and faster speeds as it tries to push the limits of server performance.
Intel this week reaffirmed its commitment to developing the Itanium processor, but also said it wants to grab market share with Xeon server chips in high-performance computing, where Itanium also plays.
Intel on Tuesday announced eight-core Nehalem-EX chips, which the company said provide performance jumps that could bring critical infrastructure computing to mainstream servers.
Intel's eight-core Nehalem EX server processor will include a technology derived from its high-end Itanium chips that helps to reduce data corruption and ensure reliable server performance, the company said Tuesday.
Intel may not release its upcoming Nehalem EX line of Xeon chips for servers that have four or more processors until early next year, an Intel executive said.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Synology DS216+ Review
- Microsoft dials back Windows 10 upgrades to 2X a year
- No more passwords with Google's Trust API
- Spotify takes on Apple and Google with family plan
- How to go back to Windows 7 or 8 after an unwanted Windows 10 upgrade
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Office Automation/Windows) 160517/ITA/884Asia
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCNetwork Technical ConsultantSA
- CCSystems Analyst (HTML/JAVA/Wireless & Mobile) 160525/SA/443Asia
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- FT.NET DevelopersQLD
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- CCNetwork Access Specialist - Telecommunications (Apply now)!!NSW