Using concepts from IT and networking, a Japanese consortium plans to develop large-scale energy grids that will handle power the way the Internet handles data, using "routers" and "service providers" to efficiently manage and direct the flow of elec...
NEC said Tuesday it will sell a wearable mini computer with a head-mounted display that projects its screen onto the naked eye.
NEC said Monday that it has developed a new lithium-ion battery technology that doubles the life span of conventional models.
Chalk up another big partnership win for Microsoft's Hyper-V from the world of virtual, programmable switching. NEC's OpenFlow-based network fabric, ProgrammableFlow, will be integrated with Windows Server 8 and Hyper-V when Windows Server 8 becomes ...
NTT DoCoMo will partner with several Japanese hardware makers and Korean manufacturer Samsung Electronics to develop core chips for use in future smartphones, Japan's biggest business newspaper reported Monday.
Cisco Systems and NEC will jointly sell LTE networks to carriers under a deal announced on Tuesday.
Panasonic and NEC restarted production on Wednesday at some factories that had been halted after a major earthquake hit eastern Japan on March 11.
Taiwan will soon install its first system to sense undersea seismic movements that may herald earthquakes or tsunamis, it said Monday. The island is vulnerable to the type of offshore earthquake that ravaged Japan on Friday.
Japan's major electronics companies took stock of their problems on Monday, as the country struggles to come to terms with the scale of devastation following Friday's massive earthquake and tsunami.
Thin continues to be in for new smartphones: the NEC Medias N-04C, launched by NTT DoCoMo in Japan on Thursday, is about 8 millimeters thick.
Lenovo and NEC on Thursday announced a joint venture to sell PCs in Japan.
Lenovo is in talks to take a majority stake in Japan's biggest PC maker, a Japanese newspaper reported on Friday.
The deal will benefit both companies significantly, but details are scarce
NEC will show a dual-screen tablet computer based on Google's Android operating system at January's International Consumer Electronics Show.
Japan's NEC has developed an Android-based tablet computer and will begin shipping it in Japan this month.
Latest News Articles
- How Nokia both helped and hindered Microsoft's earnings
- Five takeaways from the Apple earnings call
- Xiaomi's Mi4 brings a touch of Apple to the open world of Android
- More mobile gadgets than people? Seven countries - including Australia - now qualify
- Microsoft revenue lifted by Cloud sales to businesses
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What does an NBN connection look like in a new home?
- 2 Buying guide: Ovens, cooktops and freestanding cookers (upright ranges)
- 3 The most disturbing YouTube videos of all time
- 4 Tethering tutorial: How to use your iPhone as a modem
- 5 Microsoft WPC 2014: Cloud message resonating with Microsoft partners
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
- Notebooks View all »
- Tablets View all »
- Mobile Phones View all »
- TVs View all »
- Digital Cameras View all »