Soon to be TPG-owned internet service provider (ISP), iiNet, has launched a new permanent installation at the Perth Arena, the iiNet Social Post.
Undersea cables carry virtually all transoceanic Internet data these days, replacing satellites as the preferred medium. Google and some telecom companies invested in one of them, called FASTER, that will stretch 9,000 kilometers between the U.S. and...
It takes a plow the size of a small house, a robot the size of a truck and a purpose-built ship to install Google's latest oceanic infrastructure project - a super-fast submarine Internet cable linking the US and Japan.
With bottles of bubbly and a purification ceremony, a Google-backed undersea cable was given a warm welcome on a beach in Japan last week, a critical step in building the highest capacity data link in the Pacific ever created.
Japan has robot chops aplenty. Honda has the world's most sophisticated humanoid robot, Japanese industrial robot makers are among the best, and the country's space agency landed a robot probe on a speeding asteroid and returned samples to Earth.
Cloud computing and SAP's Hana in-memory database can be a powerful combination for data analysis, and new tools could help to make sure it doesn't fall down on the job.
It may not be Shark Week, but don't tell that to people in Vietnam.
European ministers want tighter watch on Internet content ... Obama will propose faster reporting of corporate hacks ... Alibaba may buy into India e-commerce... and more news for Monday.
NEC has developed a camera system that can detect deterioration in bridges and other structures simply by analyzing imagery.
Security cameras could be seeing a lot more in adverse conditions with technology developed by NEC.
Persona is one of the latest fashion magazines in Tokyo. It's printed on heavy stock paper and is full of photos of models and clothing. The only thing missing is text.
Finding fake goods could become a question of simply taking close-up photos with a smartphone, according to a new NEC technology.
If your doctor has told you to keep close tabs on your blood pressure, NEC is developing a new wearable cuff with a gentle touch.
NTT has successfully tested technology for optical Internet backbone connections that can transmit 400Gbps on a single wavelength.
Sure, you could buy a laptop, tablet or cloud service from Toshiba. But how about some spinach?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- FTMobility Test AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - IT Technology / Site RelocationsNSW
- CCSAP Solution ArchitectACT
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperWA
- FTProject ManagerVIC
- FTSystems Applications ManagerACT
- CCIT Security ArchitectVIC
- CCSenior Contracts Officer/Procurement -Governmen BckgrndNSW
- CCPortfolio ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Specialist - EUCNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/SQL Server) 160812/AP/553Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTGraduate IT supportNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCBI Delivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCNetwork ArchitectNSW
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTSystems Administrator | Defence | NV1 / NV2 clearedACT
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP BODS ConsultantNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT