Cool features undermined by a fatal flaw
Near Field Communications
The latest iteration of Google's Android mobile operating system has arrived in version 2.3 – codenamed 'Gingerbread' – with support for larger, tablet-sized screens.
Android-based smartphones with NFC (Near Field Communication) will help turn mobile phones into wallets, but there are issues that have to be solved before that happens, according to analysts.
Short range communication using NFC (Near Field Communication) circuitry embedded in mobile phones has had a difficult journey to market, but it may soon see light at the end of the tunnel with increasing adoption for city transit projects, according...
Wireless chip maker Broadcom plans to acquire Innovision Research & Technology, which specializes in short-range data communication, for approximately US$47.5 million in cash, Broadcom said on Thursday.
Visa expects soon to begin trials of contactless payments system for Apple's iPhone, using a special case for the phone developed by DeviceFidelity.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys AC600 MU-MIMO WiFi review
- Hardcore Hardware: The CyberPower Pro Streaming I300 is made for Twitch stardom
- Only Apple Music subscribers will get to watch Apple's live music fest this year
- Here's how the Xbox One S stacks up to the original
- WiFi review: Does MU-MIMO currently make a difference?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer - Brand NEW IoT ProjectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Designer - AWSNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCDB2 Database AdministratorACT
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTContracts ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCActive Directory Consultant/ArchitectWA
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT