Automated teller machines have been around for decades, but surprisingly few changes have been made to the technologies that run them. That's about to change.
A leaked programming manual for interacting with the physical components of automated teller machines might have helped attackers create malware programs that were used to steal cash from ATMs in various parts of the world this year.
Matt Oh, a senior malware researcher with HP, recently bought a single Aloha point-of-sale terminal -- a brand of computerized cash register widely used in the hospitality industry -- on eBay for US$200.
Solid sales reports from companies as diverse as Akamai, LinkedIn and NCR as well as positive economic data buoyed shares of IT companies Friday as markets closed in on multiyear highs.
If Mark Hurd can keep his new post as co-president of Oracle Corp. , analysts say his role at the database vendor is likely to be watched closely by executives at high-end data warehouse appliance vendor Teradata Corp.
Analysts are developing a short list of possible candidates to replace former Hewlett-Packard Co. CEO Mark Hurd, who resigned Friday. But it's worth noting that Hurd's name didn't come up often, if at all, as a contender in 2005, when he was tapped f...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's first Creators Update features for Xbox One focus on Home, Guide, Copilot
- How to create and restore an image backup in Windows 10
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Test Manager - CRMNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPTechnical Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSCRUM MasterVIC
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- FT.NET CMS DeveloperWA
- FTBI Report DeveloperQLD
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPTechnical Change AnalystQLD
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW
- CCMicrosoft Systems EngineerVIC
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW