Automated teller machines have been around for decades, but surprisingly few changes have been made to the technologies that run them. That's about to change.
A leaked programming manual for interacting with the physical components of automated teller machines might have helped attackers create malware programs that were used to steal cash from ATMs in various parts of the world this year.
Matt Oh, a senior malware researcher with HP, recently bought a single Aloha point-of-sale terminal -- a brand of computerized cash register widely used in the hospitality industry -- on eBay for US$200.
Solid sales reports from companies as diverse as Akamai, LinkedIn and NCR as well as positive economic data buoyed shares of IT companies Friday as markets closed in on multiyear highs.
If Mark Hurd can keep his new post as co-president of Oracle Corp. , analysts say his role at the database vendor is likely to be watched closely by executives at high-end data warehouse appliance vendor Teradata Corp.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Nasdaq to use blockchain to record shareholder votes
- Pwn2Own contest puts $75,000 bounty on VMware Workstation bypass
- Intel SSDs may get speed, capacity boost with new Micron chips
- Apple's iPhone sued for infringement of touch feedback patents
- Cyber criminals hack Netflix: Symantec
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ApplicationsSA
- FTChange & Communications OfficerQLD
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- FTLevel 2 IT Support TechnicianVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTApplications Architect/ Pre-sales (Microsoft Applications)WA
- PTService Desk OperatorSA
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCProject Manager- Wealth and AdviceNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCProcurement Sourcing SpecialistQLD
- CCProject SchedulerVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC