System administrators and IT security pros can take bit of a breather: Microsoft has issued a comparatively light set of patches for this edition of its monthly release of software vulnerability fixes.
Microsoft today said it will deliver just one security update next week, a fix for PowerPoint that's probably the patch for a month-old bug that developers admitted they missed during stress testing.
Adobe Systems Inc. Tuesday acknowledged that all versions of its popular PDF software, including editions for Windows, the Mac and Linux, contain at least one, and possibly two, critical vulnerabilities.
Adobe Systems Inc. Tuesday confirmed that it's investigating reports that its popular PDF viewing software, Adobe Reader, contains a critical vulnerability.
For the second time in five weeks, Microsoft Corp. warned that hackers were exploiting a critical unpatched bug in its popular Office application suite.
One of the patches Microsoft Corp. issued last week is nothing of the sort, according to a researcher who Monday accused Microsoft of making functionality a higher priority than security.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCMid-level .NET or Java Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCSolution Architect - PHPNSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- TPSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)NSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTsolution ArchitectNSW
- FT2nd Line Engineer - CitrixVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC