A pair of vulnerabilities found in hardware and software for playing Blu-ray discs might come in handy for secret snooping by the U.S. National Security Agency.
An effort to search for cryptographic flaws in TrueCrypt, a popular disk encryption program, will resume even though the software was abandoned by its creators almost a year ago.
Nine software fixes were released Wednesday for OpenSSL, a critical encryption component for exchanging data on the web, although none of the problems are as severe as the "Heartbleed" issue found in April.
It's generally accepted that antivirus programs provide a necessary protection layer, but organizations should audit such products before deploying them on their systems because many of them contain serious vulnerabilities, a researcher warned.
Security vendor Sophos has released an update for the software used on its Web gateway security appliance in order to address three serious vulnerabilities in the product's Web-based user interface.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Is the road to machine learning paved with API providers?
- Need data-science skills? Now your team can learn together
- Hackers of two Ukrainian utilities probably hit mining and railroad targets, too
- Qualcomm hopes a gradual approach to server market will pay dividends
- US Senate passes permanent ban on Internet access taxes
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital -PenrithNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NPPVIC
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCProgram Manager - Big Data - Telecommunications - UrgentNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Linux/Security/LAN) 160211/SSA/521Asia
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTAxway API DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Project Manager, MigrationNSW
- FTSenior Business ConsultantNSW
- FTLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCWindows System Admin, Administrator, Technical SupportNSW
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA