Thousands of publicly accessible FTP servers, including many Seagate network-attached storage devices, are being used by criminals to malware that mines cryptocurrency.
Western Digital's NAS-optimised 'WD Red' drives are now available in 2.5-inch models at 750GB and 1TB, and a new 4TB model pushes up the maximum capacity of the existing 3.5-inch range.
CES 2011 has plenty to offer the consumer world, but increasingly it brings major business tech advances, too. This year, we're seeing a flood of new offerings that will make doing business on the road easier, more engaging, and a whole lot more prod...
Hitachi Data Systems announced the availability of its Network Attached Storage (NAS) platform, with two new solutions for midrange storage. Hitachi NAS 3080 and 3090 offer Intelligent File Tiering capability in midrange and include benefits to incre...
EMC Corp.'s Iomega Corp. unit yesterday introduced its next-generation quad-drive desktop NAS server, which offers a storage capacity of up to 8TB, iSCSI connectivity for block-level data transfer, multiple RAID configurations and remote access and m...
Gartner has confirmed that Netgear is the worldwide leader in sub-$5,000 business Network-Attached Storage (NAS) systems and that it ranks among the top six vendors in the overall business NAS market.
Asustek Computer joined other NAS (network attached storage) device makers such as QNAP and Acer by showing off a new NAS that uses Intel's low-power, inexpensive Atom N270 microprocessor.
Hosting company The Planet has teamed up with Nirvanix to bundle widely available cloud storage with high-speed hosted capacity.
LG Electronics may have found the ultimate tech-combo product. The N4B1, shown at CES, is a network attached storage (NAS) device with a built-in Blu-ray writer for backups.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- CCDeployment LeadVIC
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)NSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- CCJava Developer/ Guidewire Developers - Brisbane basedNSW
- CCTechnical Project ManagerNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetWA
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPIDAM ArchitectVIC
- CCNetwork Design EngineerACT
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- TPICT Project CoordinatorQLD
- TPAEM DeveloperNSW
- TPSALESFORCE DEVELOPERQLD
- FTManager - Field ServicesVIC