Inside laboratory No. 2 at IBM's new nanotechnology research facility, no can hear you scream. Once the heavy door is closed, the laboratory is essentially noise-free, insulated from electromagnetic waves and vibrations that can disrupt sensitive nan...
University researchers have built nanoparticles designed to cling to artery walls and slowly release medicine - a breakthrough that could help fight heart disease.
A team of British researchers are set to begin a trial program by planting nanotechnology-based artificial arteries into humans.
Researchers at Stanford University have used nanotechnology to create lightweight, bendable batteries out of paper.
Researchers at Stanford University have used nanotechnology to create lightweight and even bendable batteries out of paper.
Scientists at IBM are using a combination of nanotechnology and microchips to map out personal genetic code that could make significantly improve the process of diagnosing and treating diseases.
University researchers have used nanomaterials to develop a microchip they say has enough sensitivity to detect early stage cancer when it is most treatable.
IBM has for the first time taken an image of a molecule's surface, which could lead to the construction of cheaper, more power-efficient chips, the company said Thursday.
Scientists at the Washington University School of Medicine are creating something of a nanobee to fight cancerous tumors.
Scientists at IBM are experimenting with using DNA molecules as a way to create tiny circuits that could form the basis of smaller, more powerful computer chips.
Researchers have demonstrated a form of archive memory using carbon nanotubes that can theoretically store a trillion bits of data per square inch for a billion years.
Scientists have long known that heat is an effective weapon against cancerous tumors. The problem, though, has been how to heat the tumors to the point that it kills them without damaging surrounding tissue.
Scientists in the UK are using nanotechnology to blast cancer cells in mice with "tumor busting" genes, giving new hope to patients with inoperable tumors.
Nanotechnology researchers say they have achieved a breakthrough that could fit the contents of 250 DVDs on a coin-sized surface and might also have implications for displays and solar cells.
Nanotechnology may someday expand your cell phone's range while improving its battery life if a prototype transistor from IBM gets to market.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 1/2 Service Desk AnalystWA
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- FTIT Business PartnerNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)SA
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTOracle IDM R1/R2 Implementation SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- CCLead Enterprise Solution Architect - CloudNSW
- FTJava DevelopersWA
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- FTPractice AdvisorVIC
- FTRegional Customer Relations Manager - APACQLD
- FTSenior WebSphere Portal Technical LeadACT
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleVIC
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- TPDevelopers and TestersACT
- TPBusiness Solutions Analyst - Legacy SystemQLD
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD