A new stabilization system for the Phantom remote-controlled flying drone helps it capture stunning landscapes and maneuver in tight spaces.
Akamai Technologies demonstrated a prototype second-screen system that presents complementary content on a smartphone or tablet that is synchronized with what's happening on the main television screen.
HEVC or H.265 video compression will affect all stages of video content creation and delivery, and possibly let providers deliver Ultra HD video over existing infrastructure, according to Motorola Mobility.
Intel has doubled the speed of the Thunderbolt data transfer technology, which will soon shuttle data between host computers like Macs and peripherals at a rate of 20G bps (bits per second).
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft renew 'Wintel' partnership with Project Evo and VR specs for PCs
- New Windows 10 Insider Build allows you to shut down your PC with your voice
- Microsoft-Qualcomm deal finally puts Windows 10 and Win32 apps on ARM devices
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- CCIT Service Management Delivery SpecialistNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperSA
- CCITSM Process ExpertNSW
- FTChange Manager/ Project ManagerACT
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- CCNetwork Solution Designer/Architect - Finance - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSecurity LeadNSW
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCHFC Quality Assurance Delivery Specialist | 6 Month ContractVIC
- CCChange AnalystNSW