From Apple and Amazon to Myspace and AOL, here are some of the earliest website designs for some of the tech industry's biggest companies.
The annual Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas gets under way this weekend with big announcements from gadget makers keen to wow and convince us they have the next big thing. But it's worth remembering that some of the promises and predictions mad...
User satisfaction with Facebook is low enough that the social networking site risks losing significant market share to Google+, according to a new study.
Only two social networking sites make minors' profiles private by default, according to a test of 14 such sites conducted for the European Commission.
The Internet generation is stunningly disloyal. Brands mean very little to us. Our parents might never have bought anything other than a Ford car, or a Westinghouse refrigerator, but we switch online services without a second thought. So join us a...
Myspace has launched a new version of its site that includes a whole host of new entertainment-focused features in a bid to turn around dwindling visitor numbers, and at the same time make visitors stay longer.
Remember MySpace? Me neither.
MySpace has only half as many visitors as it had last year, says ComScore.
MySpace is using Facebook's privacy fiasco for a little free publicity, announcing a one-click privacy feature that seems more like an attention grab than an actual play for Facebook users.
First they came for Bebo and now it looks as if even larger rival MySpace is losing the battle against the social networking steamroller that is Facebook.
Now under new management, MySpace is looking to reinvent itself and rise like a Phoenix from the ashes. The once dominant social networking site fell from nearly 70 percent of the social networking market, to only 30 percent in less than a year, and ...
Microsoft is transforming Outlook from an e-mail client, or messaging platform, to a social networking hub with the addition of social connectors. The integration of social networking is a huge benefit for Outlook users, and may even help drive adopt...
Google has started incorporating into its search results status updates that MySpace users have posted publicly.
Operators of Web site dedicated to those who seek social-media death with dignity say that Facebook is taking a more Hippocratic approach to the idea of killing one's online identities with a few keystrokes. They say the social-networking giant has k...
MySpace has opened the submission period for its Developer Challenge, a contest in which the company will award US$50,000 in prizes for new applications and for innovative uses of the social networking site's application programming interfaces.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- This week in games: Forza Horizon 3 gets Hot Wheels, Terry Crews gets a wild Old Spice PC
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- FTCapacity ManagerACT
- FTLevel 2/ 3 Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCArchitect/Senior Capacity Planner Network Engineering - TelcoVIC
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- TPProduct ManagerVIC
- FTSenior Data Warehouse ConsultantNSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantNSW
- CCChange and Communications Analyst - TelcoVIC
- FTWeb Developer | Parramatta | Initial 6 month contractNSW
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Analyst - Microsoft BI Stack - NewcastleNSW
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTTelecommunications Provisioning LeadQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- FTChief Security OfficerNSW
- FTSQL Server Database DeveloperSA
- FTLevel 2 HelpdeskVIC
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsWA
- CCProcess Improvement SpecialistVIC