Did you ever have one of those days when cell coverage was so bad you wished you had a base station on your back? The Vodafone Foundation came out with just such a device this week, but not to keep irritable iPhone junkies happy.
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
Wacom has grand designs for a new graphical language that, it says, will allow input and sharing of writing movements across multiple platforms, with or without one of its trademark digital styluses.
IBM-owned Fiberlink and BlackBerry are adding Windows Phone to the list of platforms they can manage and protect, as enterprise interest for the smartphone OS is increasing.
SAP and BMW have created a prototype that uses SAP's HANA in-memory database platform to send personalized services and offers to people as they drive around in their cars.
Samsung announced new 32-bit Exynos chips for smartphones and tablets with six- and eight-CPU cores, but left questions hanging on when the company will launch its first 64-bit chip.
Rooting your Android phone and flashing it with a new ROM -- a different version of the OS -- is usually accompanied by dire warnings from the manufacturer and occasionally even the supplier of the ROM image that it can make your phone less secure. N...
Mastercard and roaming infrastructure company Syniverse have come up with a way to protect credit card transactions abroad with help from a phone's location.
French tablet maker Archos is using a tweaked version of Bluetooth Low Energy to monitor and control smart devices around the home.
Through a deal with PayPal, Deutsche Telekom is letting mobile users purchase digital goods and get billed on their regular mobile phone accounts.
Phone manufacturers are once again hoping improved cameras and bigger and better screens will be enough to get users to upgrade, while at the same time increasing efforts to get consumers in emerging countries to buy their first smartphone.
New Connected Car Cloud and Global SIM offerings debuting this week are driving Jasper Wireless' efforts to be a leading provider of services and applications for managing connected devices globally.
Advanced Micro Devices has optimized a version of Android for tablets and PCs containing its chips, and will sell it on new PCs through retail stores in Europe.
BlackBerry will launch a new version of its enterprise management server software later this year that the company hopes will strengthen its business with major corporations and help turn around its fortunes.
Sierra Wireless has debuted the Linux-based Legato platform, which aims to simplify and accelerate the development of machine-to-machine (M2M) applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCSenior Oracle DBA- Part time 20 hoursWA
- FTAGILE Training Manager/CoachNSW
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Assurance OfficerACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- FTAzure ArchitectQLD
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCUser Experience ExpertVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CC.NET Developer (Application production Support)NSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Financial Crime AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCData Management & Reporting Development OfficerSA
- CCNV2 - System Administration / Application SupportACT
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- FTTrading System QAAsia
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC