Did you ever have one of those days when cell coverage was so bad you wished you had a base station on your back? The Vodafone Foundation came out with just such a device this week, but not to keep irritable iPhone junkies happy.
Chip vendors and device makers are readying the smartphones, hotspots and cars that will let users eventually enjoy higher download speeds with LTE-Advanced.
Wacom has grand designs for a new graphical language that, it says, will allow input and sharing of writing movements across multiple platforms, with or without one of its trademark digital styluses.
IBM-owned Fiberlink and BlackBerry are adding Windows Phone to the list of platforms they can manage and protect, as enterprise interest for the smartphone OS is increasing.
SAP and BMW have created a prototype that uses SAP's HANA in-memory database platform to send personalized services and offers to people as they drive around in their cars.
Samsung announced new 32-bit Exynos chips for smartphones and tablets with six- and eight-CPU cores, but left questions hanging on when the company will launch its first 64-bit chip.
Rooting your Android phone and flashing it with a new ROM -- a different version of the OS -- is usually accompanied by dire warnings from the manufacturer and occasionally even the supplier of the ROM image that it can make your phone less secure. N...
Mastercard and roaming infrastructure company Syniverse have come up with a way to protect credit card transactions abroad with help from a phone's location.
French tablet maker Archos is using a tweaked version of Bluetooth Low Energy to monitor and control smart devices around the home.
Through a deal with PayPal, Deutsche Telekom is letting mobile users purchase digital goods and get billed on their regular mobile phone accounts.
Phone manufacturers are once again hoping improved cameras and bigger and better screens will be enough to get users to upgrade, while at the same time increasing efforts to get consumers in emerging countries to buy their first smartphone.
New Connected Car Cloud and Global SIM offerings debuting this week are driving Jasper Wireless' efforts to be a leading provider of services and applications for managing connected devices globally.
Advanced Micro Devices has optimized a version of Android for tablets and PCs containing its chips, and will sell it on new PCs through retail stores in Europe.
BlackBerry will launch a new version of its enterprise management server software later this year that the company hopes will strengthen its business with major corporations and help turn around its fortunes.
Sierra Wireless has debuted the Linux-based Legato platform, which aims to simplify and accelerate the development of machine-to-machine (M2M) applications.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - Vendor Transition - ApplicationsNSW
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetVIC
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- CCNetwork Systems Engineer l Application Support l Linux l Port MacquarieNSW
- FTIT Procurement AdvisorQLD
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerACT
- CCChange ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior IT Digital BA/Project ManagerVIC
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst - Infrastructure - VirtualizationNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- FTJnr Security SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW