Volvo has developed a system that provides real-time warnings to drivers of black ice or disabled vehicles on the road ahead.
BlackBerry isn't giving up on the smartphone market, and now hopes to make a mark with the Leap, an all-touch LTE device with a keen price tag.
Intel's Cherry Trail Atom chips are almost here, and if you're in the market for an Intel-based tablet the future looks bright.
If you're on the lookout for a new Android high-end smartphone, the One M9 from HTC and Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S6 are two hot possibilities.
VMware has jumped into the hot NFV market with a platform that lets service providers run their network functions as virtualized applications from different vendors.
IBM has unveiled a fresh crop of enterprise apps resulting from the partnership it forged with Apple last year.
Finnish company Jolla seems to be making good progress on its first tablet, which runs an improved version of its Sailfish operating system.
In a wide-ranging discussion on stage at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona on Monday, Google senior vice president Sundar Pichai offered his views on lots of issues at the heart of the mobile telecommunications industry.
Google's ambitious efforts to bring balloon and aircraft-borne connectivity to underserved areas of the globe are pushing past some key milestones and the company expects a public launch in a few years.
Intel is famously self-reliant in developing new chip technologies in-house, but it has picked up a bit of help from rival ARM with its latest x86 Atom X3 smartphone chip.
Right now you can't buy Windows-based handsets that run on Intel chips, but that will change later this year with the mobile version of Windows 10.
Intel hopes to reignite excitement in tablets with its new Atom chips code-named Cherry Trail, which will be in devices in a few months.
Truly autonomous cars won't exist for at least 10 years, but earlier models starting next year will do some of the driving for you.
Google has confirmed for the first time that it plans to offer connectivity directly to mobile users in the U.S., but a senior executive downplayed the competition it would be to major U.S. cellular carriers.
Finnish companies Jolla and SSH Communications Security are counting on their European origins to help sell a secure mobile operating system they are co-developing.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)SA
- TPApplications Project ManagerQLD
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCAPI DeveloperNSW
- CCOrganisational Change ManagerNSW
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCJunior Desktop TechnicianACT
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- TPProject Manager | Sunshine Coast Location - Sea Change?QLD
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCInfrastructure ManagerNSW
- CCDigital Producer | 3 Month Contract roleNSW
- FTTest AnalystVIC