Mozilla on Tuesday warned users that a password-stealing add-on slipped into Firefox's extension gallery more than a month ago had been downloaded nearly 2,000 times before it was detected.
Firefox 4's first beta is 27% faster than Mozilla's more stable browser, Firefox 3.6.6, but still lags behind rivals including Chrome, Opera and Safari, benchmark tests show.
Google will take a page from Mozilla's playbook and block outdated plug-ins from launching, part of new efforts to keep Chrome users safer, the company said Monday.
Mozilla plans to submit an application to Apple's iPhone App Store next month, but it won't be a full-fledged Firefox browser, the company said Wednesday.
A Mozilla employee yesterday outlined a sly new attack tactic dubbed "tabnapping" that can dupe users into giving up passwords by secretly changing already-open browser tabs.
Firefox is beating Google's Chrome where it counts, in the number of users running each browser, a Mozilla executive argued Thursday.
Mozilla and Opera Software on Wednesday backed Google's new open-source, royalty-free video format, and all three browser makers issued developer builds incorporating WebM.
Mozilla has expanded a service that checks if a browser's plugins are current to now scan Internet Explorer, Safari Opera and Chrome in addition to its own Firefox.
Mozilla CEO John Lilly will leave the nonprofit company as soon as it can find a replacement, ending his more than two years at the helm of the maker of Firefox.
Former Mozilla security chief Window Snyder has been hired by Apple.
Mozilla yesterday released updates for its Firefox Web browser to shore up vulnerabilities in the 3.5.x and 3.0.x browser versions.
Mozilla today acknowledged that it had falsely accused a developer of infecting a Firefox add-on with attack code.
Baring any last-minute change of mind, Mozilla will permanently drop support for Mac OS X 10.4 from future editions of Firefox.
Mozilla has made major changes to how it develops Firefox, and plans to drop Firefox 3.7 from its schedule and instead roll out incremental changes throughout the year, a company executive said today.
Mozilla yesterday said that its planned overhaul of Firefox's interface will be pushed back to Firefox 4.0, the major release now slated to ship before the end of 2010.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Tab S (10.5) 4G review
- 2 Nokia Lumia 930 review
- 3 Asus G550JK gaming notebook
- 4 Fetch TV set-top box
- 5 Dell Inspiron 15 5547 laptop
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- LTE in Wi-Fi spectrum shows great potential, says NTT DoCoMo
- Sony serves up tennis swing-analyzing sensor in US, Canada
- Acer releases its own Chromebox, bringing the Google OS to desktops
- LG's high-end smartphone features trickle down to new L series
- Amazon strikes deal in China to offer more imported goods
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTMachine Learning | JAVA | San Fran based global Company | SydneyNSW
- FTChief Information OfficerNSW
- FTAccount Manager Programmatic Trading DeskNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Executive - B2BNSW
- CCL2 Technical Support Engineer - RightFax/MessagingVIC
- FTSearch Account ManagerNSW
- FTInformation Services ManagerNZ