A day after Mozilla said it was exploring a "Do Not Track" feature for Firefox, Google today announced a Chrome add-on that lets users opt out of tracking cookies that monitor their movement and behavior online.
Mozilla, the developer of the Firefox browser, is working a feature that will allow users to opt-out of online behavioral advertising.
Amid controversy over Google's decision to strip H.264 support from its Chrome browser, a Google official has acknowledged H.264 is more popular than the WebM video codec, but said restrictive licensing will ultimately doom H.264.
Considerable fanfare greeted Friday's release of the ninth--and apparently final--beta version of Firefox 4, which boosted the popular Web browser with hundreds of bug fixes and a raft of powerful new features.
Google patched 16 vulnerabilities in Chrome on Thursday, paying one researcher a record $3,133 for reporting a single bug. The flaws fixed in Chrome 8.0.552.334 were in several components, including the browser's support for extensions, its built-in ...
Mozilla today shipped Firefox 4 Beta 9, perhaps the last it will release before it pushes toward a final version now planned to ship by the end of February.
Mozilla hopes to have a final version of Firefox 4 ready to ship by the end of February, according to comments made by the company's engineering director.
Firefox 4 is nearly ready for release, a recent post on Mozilla's developer mailing list suggests.
A Mozilla database was exposed to the Internet, the Mozilla Foundation disclosed
Hard on the heels of Microsoft's decision to offer "do not track" functionality in its upcoming Internet Explorer 9 browser comes word that Mozilla is planning a similar move for its Firefox 4.
Opera Software today released version 11 of its flagship desktop browser, adding a new tab manager and support for extensions.
Microsoft released on Wednesday a Firefox browser add-on extending HTML5-based video on the company's Windows 7 OS.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) blocks more malicious sites and malware than any other browser, including its predecessor IE8, according to a report released Tuesday.
As expected, Google launched its Chrome Web Store today, offering users of its browser free and paid Web apps.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCScrum MasterACT
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- FTApplication Support EngineerVIC
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCData Engineer (Java, Scala, Scripting, Hadoop, Spark)NSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- CCApplication Server AdminACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCIT Program ManagerACT
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA