It's been a busy week for Web browsers. Chrome 10 was released a few days ago, and today sees the release candidate of Firefox 4.
When it comes to browser security, Internet Explorer usually gets ridiculed and beaten up the most. And though Microsoft's IE8 was quickly unraveled at Pwn2Own, Apple's Safari 5 was hugely embarrassed by getting hacked in five seconds flat.
Apple today patched a record 62 vulnerabilities in Safari 5, updating the Mac and Windows browser to version 5.0.4.
It's been a while since I've covered tips for my favorite browser, Mozilla Firefox tips (read "Quick Tips for Speeding Up Mozilla Firefox" for my last installment). So this week I thought I'd toss you a couple tips for scrolling through long Web page...
Google patched 25 vulnerabilities in Chrome today in one last update before the Pwn2Own hacking contest starts Wednesday in Canada.
Mozilla has urged users to update their graphics cards' drivers if they want to take advantage of Firefox 4's hardware acceleration.
Microsoft Internet Explorer use is dropping and Web application traffic is surging according to one study of how employees at about 2,000 companies made use of the Internet over the past year.
Mozilla on Friday rolled out what appears to be the last beta release of its Firefox 4 open source Web browser software.
Mozilla today said that it will ship security updates to Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.6 next Tuesday, ending a debate about whether to wait for a patch that affects Adobe's software.
It's looking increasingly unlikely that Mozilla will ship Firefox 4 this month.
Microsoft says IE9 is "the world's fastest browser." Mozilla claims IE9 doesn't even qualify as modern.
A bill introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives Friday would create a do-not-track tool giving Internet users the power to prohibit online advertising networks and social media sites from tracking their Web behavior and sharing their personal ...
Google's Chrome and Apple's Safari posted record numbers in January while Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) lost ground for the sixth month running, an Internet measurement company said today.
A new, experimental add-on from Mozilla Labs' Prospector project removes the standard browser interface from Firefox 4 and instead gives full priority to Web content.
Adventuresome Firefox users who can't wait to try out the "do not track" feature can do so now by grabbing a "nightly build" of the browser. Nightly builds are for testing purposes only, Mozilla warns, and aren't as stable as beta releases.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- Smartwatches wear out their welcome with Motorola
- The mysteries of the GPU in Apple's iPhone 7 are unlocked
- Apple reportedly betting on drones and indoor data to make Maps better
- Apple now takes your old Apple Watch for free recycling
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCTechnology Specialist-AWS MigrationNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCProject Manager- Office 365 and Core Azure servicesNSW
- FTChange & Release AdministratorACT
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Financial ServicesNSW
- TPSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- CCIT Specialist - Application Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer)ACT
- CCProject Manager DW BINSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- CCSenior Platform Developer/ArchitectNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- FTProduct LeadVIC
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- TPLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCSQL Data and Reporting AnalystNSW
- TPOffice 365 Technical ConsultantQLD