When it comes to browser security, Internet Explorer usually gets ridiculed and beaten up the most. And though Microsoft's IE8 was quickly unraveled at Pwn2Own, Apple's Safari 5 was hugely embarrassed by getting hacked in five seconds flat.
Apple today patched a record 62 vulnerabilities in Safari 5, updating the Mac and Windows browser to version 5.0.4.
It's been a while since I've covered tips for my favorite browser, Mozilla Firefox tips (read "Quick Tips for Speeding Up Mozilla Firefox" for my last installment). So this week I thought I'd toss you a couple tips for scrolling through long Web page...
Google patched 25 vulnerabilities in Chrome today in one last update before the Pwn2Own hacking contest starts Wednesday in Canada.
Mozilla has urged users to update their graphics cards' drivers if they want to take advantage of Firefox 4's hardware acceleration.
Microsoft Internet Explorer use is dropping and Web application traffic is surging according to one study of how employees at about 2,000 companies made use of the Internet over the past year.
Mozilla on Friday rolled out what appears to be the last beta release of its Firefox 4 open source Web browser software.
Mozilla today said that it will ship security updates to Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.6 next Tuesday, ending a debate about whether to wait for a patch that affects Adobe's software.
It's looking increasingly unlikely that Mozilla will ship Firefox 4 this month.
Microsoft says IE9 is "the world's fastest browser." Mozilla claims IE9 doesn't even qualify as modern.
A bill introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives Friday would create a do-not-track tool giving Internet users the power to prohibit online advertising networks and social media sites from tracking their Web behavior and sharing their personal ...
Google's Chrome and Apple's Safari posted record numbers in January while Microsoft's Internet Explorer (IE) lost ground for the sixth month running, an Internet measurement company said today.
A new, experimental add-on from Mozilla Labs' Prospector project removes the standard browser interface from Firefox 4 and instead gives full priority to Web content.
Adventuresome Firefox users who can't wait to try out the "do not track" feature can do so now by grabbing a "nightly build" of the browser. Nightly builds are for testing purposes only, Mozilla warns, and aren't as stable as beta releases.
While all the world scrutinized the proposed "Do Not Track" feature for Mozilla's Firefox 4 on Monday, a tiny patch quietly emerged that promises to cut the open source browser's startup time in half on Windows.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's pricey Surface Book is getting stomped by the ancient Surface Pro 3
- Android TV's universal search feature finally works with Netflix
- Facebook takes on critics with political bias class
- Kodi dives into hardware with a Raspberry Pi 3 case perfect for low-cost HTPCs
- What iOS 10 can tell us about the new iPhone
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCSoftware & Hardware Asset Management - 2 rolesNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCMobility Developer (iOS or Android)NSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCTechnical Content ProducerVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/JAVA/Oracle) 160617/AP/025Asia
- CCApplication Support Analyst and Database AdministratorNSW
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia