The Mozilla Foundation wants to make sure that the Web remains a platform where anyone can create content, rather than just a place to consume information and services created by others.
Mozilla CEO Chris Beard has blasted Microsoft in a pair of posts to the organization's blog, arguing that Windows 10's default browser settings are a "dramatic step backwards" for respecting user choice.
The future doesn't look very bright right now for alternative mobile operating systems Firefox OS, Tizen and Ubuntu.
Mozilla is planning to gradually favor HTTPS (HTTP Secure) connections over non-secure HTTP connections by making some new features on its browser available only to secured sites.
The Mozilla Foundation plans to reject new digital certificates issued by the China Internet Network Information Center (CNNIC) in its products, but will continue to trust certificates that already exist.
Four smartphone OSes that hope to find room next to Android and iOS were on display at Mobile World Congress, but the most exciting were Ubuntu Phone and Sailfish OS.
Uber to work on self-driving cars ... End of the line for Windows RT? ... FCC ready to propose neutral net ... and more news.
With this week's rollout of Firefox 35, Mozilla is taking a bold step toward reclaiming the relevance that Firefox once commanded. Key to that effort is the organization's move to take a standard technology called WebRTC and add it to Firefox to let ...
Mozilla is planning a version of the Firefox OS for wearables, and one of the top priorities is to break down barriers among smartwatches, smart glasses and other body-hugging devices based on Apple's and Google's operating systems.
A new organization supported by Mozilla, the Electronic Frontier Foundation and others is working to set up a new certificate authority (CA) that will provide website owners with free SSL/TLS certificates.
Nudging developers towards the open Web, the Mozilla Foundation is customizing a version of its popular Firefox browser that can be used to build Web pages and applications, potentially reducing the number of different tools now required for the job.
Google plans to remove support for the aging Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) version 3.0 protocol in Google Chrome 40, which is expected to ship in about two months.
Hackers could have had an inside track on unpatched flaws in major software projects because of a critical vulnerability in Bugzilla, a system that many developers use to track and discuss bugs in their code.
Email addresses and encrypted passwords of around 97,000 users who tested early builds of the Bugzilla bug tracking software were left exposed for three months following a server migration.
Future versions of the Firefox OS mobile platform will allow users to control application-specific permissions, a feature with both privacy and security benefits that's missing on Android.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- How to upgrade to Windows 10: What you need to know
- Alphabet will work with more auto makers on self-driving cars
- Intel has quietly snuffed out its Project Tango smartphone as it rethinks augmented reality
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCData Analyst / Data ModelerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCOracle Identity and Access Management Specialist-11Gr2 productsNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTFull Stack DeveloperNSW
- FTSecurity ExpertACT
- CCPortfolio AnalystVIC
- FTSOE Desktop Engineer - must have SCCM 2012NSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- FTProgram Master SchedulerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160815/P/742Asia
- FTSenior Architect, Marketing and Campaign ManagementNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project Manager - Extensive Government experienceNSW
- CCNetwork Engineer - NV2 ClearanceVIC
- CCTrainer - Windows 10 / Office 2016ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160810/AP/662Asia
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- FTSAS Support SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager- transformation from SAP Oracle to SAP HANANSW
- CCUI/UX DeveloperVIC
- FTDesktop EngineerNSW