High dynamic range (HDR) TV is here and it looks great. But it's in its early stages, and there's a potential format war brewing.
What’s more immersive than surround sound? An audio system that can use the third dimension of height.
The new film's writer and director also talk Tim Cook, Steve Wozniak, and why the world needs more movies about Apple.
Marvel's latest superhero opus, Iron Man 3, opened this past weekend. I liked it, and thought its first 90 minutes were better than its climax, but because this is a tech site, I'll keep my movie criticism to a minimum. Instead, here's a list of some...
Virtually no sci-fi or action flick these days is complete without a computer scene showing a few screens of mysterious scrolling text and a 3D wire-frame model. But where does this vaguely tech-looking stuff come from? Well, more often than
The producer, star, and screenwriter of Disney's new Prince of Persia movie -- which opens nationwide in US theaters this Friday -- discuss bringing the beloved video game franchise to the big screen.
With 3D TVs like Samsung's Series 7 (UA55C7000) hitting the market, we decided to take a look back at where it all began: in the 1890s, when British film pioneer William Friese-Greene filed a patent for a 3D movie process. Two films were projected si...
Everyone hates an annoying git in the cinema talking on their mobile phone in the middle of a movie. But even worse than this are some of the ridiculous movie plots that feature mobile phones.
Fan-made films based on popular video games have become an interesting phenomena over the years. Just what drives these people to shed their blood, sweat and tears on something they can’t possibly hope to profit from?
Quick: What's a hacker? A pimply faced teenager in a dark bedroom trying to start World War Three, or a thirty-something professional with mad computer skills?
Past and present: how 30 years of Star Wars imagination changed technology forever. During 2008 Sydney's Powerhouse Museum played host to one of the largest collection of Star Wars memorabilia combined with real-life examples of how such technology i...
Besides revolutionizing communication for the masses, the Internet has inspired the imaginations of filmmakers worldwide--with wildly divergent results. Here's one film buff's list of the five best and five worst Net-related films.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
- Paris motor show turns on to electric cars
- Israeli startup says its new software would have prevented Tesla hack
- Microsoft moves Cortana and Bing into Microsoft Research to accelerate new features
- Google Maps for Android adds 'OK Google' voice, navigation commands and other search tricks
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW