Google is extending the Android operating system to smartwatches with the launch of Android Wear. Manufacturers including Motorola and LG have already announced the upcoming release of smartwatches that will make use of the new operating platform.
The Motorola Moto X was one of the last smartphones to be made under Google's guise, and it brought with it a range of industry-shaking innovations. These include its ability to leverage Google's Search and Now platforms, and the options – if you wer...
A Microsoft storage patent that was used to get a sales ban on products from Google-owned Motorola Mobility in Germany has been invalidated by the German Federal Patent Court.
Google-owned Motorola Mobility is setting its sights on worldwide adoption of the Moto G, which has a 4.5-inch screen and is priced from US$179 without a contract.
Microsoft and Motorola are expected to begin arguments on Monday in the second part of a court case regarding patent licensing fees.
Motorola has temporarily halted the personalised engraving function for Moto X, citing quality concerns.
More Nexus devices reportedly are coming this year, including a Motorola phone and a 10in ASUS tablet, according to a couple of unconfirmed reports.
Google's Motorola Mobility unit has finally unveiled the highly anticipated Moto X smartphone at an event themed around innovation, but many of the handset's highlighted features were similar to those on the recently announced Droid smartphones.
The decades-old legacy of Motorola as a semiconductor innovator remains alive, with Google providing its Motorola Mobility unit a fresh start in chip design with the X8 chip system, which will be used in the upcoming Droid and Moto X smartphones.
Fragmentation has been both a blessing and a curse for Android since the beginning, and a new report says that's not changing anytime soon.
Although the Moto X phone will be officially unveiled on August 1, Motorola can't seem to stop the details from squeaking out ahead of time.
In a few weeks, your wait for the Moto X will come to an end. Motorola plans to take the wraps off its most anticipated Android phone ever on August 1. The company will host a small, private event in New York where invitees will presumably be the fir...
The new Moto X smartphone will reportedly feature voice activation for Google Now, visual lock screen updates, and the ability to activate the handset's camera with a double-shake. That's according to a leaked video that recently surfaced online, pur...
Motorola sparked more questions than answers this week when it hyped the upcoming Moto X as "the first smartphone you can design yourself" in a full-page newspaper ad previewed by Ad Age.
We don't know what Motorola's Moto X smartphone looks like, nor do we know when it will officially be released, but the company has already begun advertising the smartphone.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCSystems Engineer- VMware / Cisco UCSNSW
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCData Engineer | Real Time StreamingNSW
- FTRelease Planning LeadVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- CCTest Analyst / Test LeadNSW