From a tech specs perspective, Research in Motion's new BlackBerry Torch smartphone isn't groundbreaking. Rather, its success or failure will hinge upon the strength of its revamped operating system.
Shortages of Android-based HTC Evo and HTC Droid Incredible smartphones were expected to spur sales of the Motorola Droid X, which first went on sale July 15.
This is getting awkward. Apple on Friday targeted another smartphone on its antenna site, the Droid X.
Motorola has amended a two-year-old industrial spying lawsuit to include competitor Huawei Technologies, which Motorola claims received valuable technology from its own rogue employees.
Verizon Wireless and Motorola today said fewer than one-tenth of 1% of the new Droid X <a href="http://www.computerworld.com/s/topic/75/Smartphones">smartphones</a> that have been sold have experienced a "flickering" or "banding" on the display, and ...
Nokia Siemens Networks' acquisition of most of Motorola's cellular networks business may be the last move in a long game of consolidation in the industry, which has been hammered by price pressures.
The joint venture of Nokia Siemens Networks has agreed to purchase the network equipment division of Motorola for an estimated $US1.2 billion. Motorola's loss is Nokia Siemens' gain, as the acquisition catapults it into the number three spot for wire...
Motorola has found a buyer for its wireless network equipment unit: Nokia Siemens Networks will pay US$1.2 billion for most of that business, the companies announced Monday.
Although Motorola's brand new Droid X smartphone and the original Droid bear similar names, they are very different devices.
More consumers will be buying a smartphone in the next three months than ever before. And the big winner, by a big margin, is the super-achieving Apple iPhone.
Verizon Wireless on Thursday will start selling Motorola's highly anticipated smartphone, the Droid X, a faster and multimedia-savvy successor to the original Droid that was introduced in October last year.
The Droid X smartphone. The Droid X smartphone ships on Thursday, following an unusual pre-sales publicity campaign designed to entice the savvy tech crowd that might also include some in the iPhone 4 camp as well.
Patent holding company NTP, which received a US$612.5 million settlement from BlackBerry marker Research In Motion in a patent infringement case, has filed patent lawsuits against six makers of smartphones or related software, including Apple and Goo...
Android is gaining on all the major smartphone platforms in the U.S., though it was only the fourth-most-used mobile operating system in May, market data firm comScore reported on Thursday.
Motorola this week gave more details of its planned reorganization, saying it will spin off its mobile devices and home products business into a new entity called Motorola Mobility.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Kogan Mobile upgrades to 4G network
- Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- MIT uses 4D maps to help robot teams navigate moving obstacles
- A new AMD licensing deal could create more x86 rivals for Intel
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInfra Project Manager-Data Center, Cloud, Storage, NetworkNSW
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- CCMicrosoft Server EngineerWA
- CCBusiness AnalystSA
- CCInfrastructure Solution Designer - Oracle Exadata/ExalogicVIC
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCCommVault Backp EngineerNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- CCIntegration Delivery Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCApplication Migration ArchitectACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/HTML/SQL) 160421/P/903Asia
- CCSenior IT Business AnalystVIC
- CCFull Stack Developers - JavaNSW
- FTSenior Middleware Lead Shared Services (Support and EngineeringVIC
- CCSenior Automation Tester - MicroservicesNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- FTSenior Application SpecialistACT
- CCWeb AdministratorACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team Lead | Blackburn | Managed Service ProviderVIC