It's Froyo time! Well, almost. Verizon has announced that the Droid X will finally be getting the Android 2.2 update this coming Wednesday, 22nd September.
Motorola launched two new rugged handheld computers today, bringing to three the number of handhelds it makes that support both CDMA and GSM wireless technologies.
Verizon Wireless will push Android 2.2, or Froyo over the air to Motorola Droid X smartphones on Wednesday, though customers can now start updating to the new OS now on their own, the carrier said Tuesday.
Another day has dawned and still no official word of the Android 2.2 "Froyo" update for the Motorola Droid X. While the Droid X is a more than capable Android smartphone running Android 2.1, the Froyo update adds features and functions that users wan...
Where is Froyo for the Droid X?
The burgeoning tablet market is about to get even more crowded, as Motorola on Thursday confirmed that it, too, plans to offer a tablet computer in the coming months. Details about the Android-based device are scarce, however, and Motorola's Co-Chief...
Google has released a breakdown of Android releases running on active smartphones, tablets and other devices and the results show that the latest versions are taking off along with Android itself.
Google's Android mobile operating system proved a formidable rival to the wildly popular iPhone in a recent real-world test.
Smartphone leaks have been coming thick and fast over the past few weeks. The latest leak is a promotional video for Motorola's Android-powered Milestone 2, the successor to the original Milestone.
Motorola appears ready to do more development on top of Android, with its acquisition of <a href="http://280north.com/">280 North</a>, a company that develops Web applications.
Android has taken the mobile world by storm, so it's no surprise that Google's foray into the smartphone market would become the subject of numerous books written to explain the technology.
The Dell Streak tablet, which goes on sale Friday in the United States, is a sturdy device just daring you to drop it. But if you do need to take it apart and fix it, that's not a problem, according to iFixit, which this week tore the device open for...
Adobe is latching on to the launch of Motorola's Droid 2, reminding the world that Flash 10.1 is here to make the iPhone look silly.
Surprising no one, Motorola will swap the original Droid phone with the Droid 2 on Thursday, when it launches on Verizon Wireless.
From a tech specs perspective, Research in Motion's new BlackBerry Torch smartphone isn't groundbreaking. Rather, its success or failure will hinge upon the strength of its revamped operating system.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's upgraded Beam game-streaming service goes live, taking on Twitch and YouTube
- How to watch Donald Trump's presidential inauguration live online for free
- Microsoft's latest Windows 10 ad annoys Chrome users with taskbar pop-ups
- GeForce Now vs. GeForce Now: Nvidia's Shield and PC streaming services are wildly different
- Microsoft kills Cache, its note-taking experiment with Evernote-Google Keep aspirations
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- TPIT Sercurity EngineerVIC
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTLevel 3 Support ConsultantNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- FTAutomation TesterVIC
- FTSenior Java Developers (Several positions available)QLD
- FTSAP BW ConsultantACT
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Testing Services ManagerVIC
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- FTJunior Design Project CoordinatorQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- TPLearning/Instructional DesignerQLD
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- CCService ManagerACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager - IT SolutionsNSW