Optus has announced that it is now selling Motorola's Xoom Android tablet, and has priced the tablet device considerably lower than rival Telstra.
Motorola's Xoom Android tablet launched in Australia with a disabled microSD card slot, but Telstra has today confirmed that a software update in July will activate the missing functionality.
Motorola has confirmed its much-anticipated Xoom Android tablet will launch in Australia with a disabled microSD card slot, and the company has not specified when it will be active.
Telstra has confirmed it will sell the Motorola Xoom Android tablet in Australia from next month following weeks of rumours.
Seven ways the iPad 2 is better than Motorola Xoom
After rushing its tablet to market ahead of Apple's iPad 2 announcement, Motorola is updating its Xoom tablet's software with Flash support. Is it a coincidence it's on the same day Apple's iPad 2 goes on sale? I think not.
The Google Android-based Motorola Mobility Xoom tablet will start at about $600 for a Wi-Fi only version – a price that should be much more competitive with Apple iPad pricing than was initially thought.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Dick Smith relaunches as online-only business
- Giphy Keys wants to be the default iOS keyboard for GIF lovers
- Report: HTC to finally launch Android Wear smartwatch in June
- Facebook Messenger testing Snapchat-style disappearing messages for iOS
- Disney files patent for near instantaneous 3D printing
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCUAT Test AnalystWA
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Australian Systems Integrator - Immediate interviewNSW
- CCSenior Implementation AnalystNSW
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior Enterprise Architect, Financial ServicesAsia
- FTSQL DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCTransition Program ManagerNSW
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSenior AGILE Business AnalystNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence ConsultantSA
- FTSenior Revenue Systems Functional AnalystSA
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- FTFunctional Kronos ConsultantNSW
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW