A nail in the coffin of feature phones
Motorola Moto E
Microsoft-owned Nokia is shaking up the budget smartphone market with the release of its Lumia 530 for just $149 - that’s $30 less than Motorola’s Moto E.
Budget smartphones keep getting better as software matures and components become cheaper. Some companies have produced inexpensive smartphones that are good enough to replace your big-brand flagship. Others haven’t had the same success.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
- Seagate ST1000LX001 review
- Report: Microsoft could debut Xbox One game streaming stick and 'Xbox TV' at E3
- This sticker can wirelessly charge your smartphone or tablet
- Microsoft breaks own design rules in dupe-the-user Windows 10 upgrade tactic
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- FTSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTProject Manager - Web ContentVIC
- CCPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTDevOps SpecialistVIC
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTFunctional Business Analyst Dynamic AXNSW