2010 will be a landmark year for Google's Android operating system in Australia. Offering a number of benefits over Apple's iPhone including an open applications market, a customisable user interface and full multitasking, the Android platform contin...
The Motorola Droid certainly hasn't been an "iPhone killer," but it has become a solid alternative to the iPhone for Verizon customers who don't want to switch their carriers.
Yesterday's statement from Palm's CEO, lamenting how Motorola's Droid beat the Palm Pre into Verizon stores, I was reminded of a famous Marlon Brando line from "On the Waterfront." Many people know the words, even of they don't know they come from a ...
Motorola can add one more item onto its list of Droid slogans: Droid does have more expensive hardware than the Nexus One. But only by a small margin.
Google's pretty good at keeping its Web and search developments secret, but it's quickly learning that hardware's a different beast, as details on the <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/184555/googles_nexus_one_test_phone_details_emerge.html">Ne...
Motorola's Droid has been the subject of much furor lately, fueled in-part by a series of ad spots, including Verizon's controversial campaign.
It's apparently not common knowledge that there are actually two Droids: the Motorola Droid and the HTC Droid Eris. They're both Android-based phones, but significantly different in form and firmware. The Motorola Droid is a slider phone with a large...
There is no piece of technological wizardry that I want so much as a Droid. Yet, I have decided to hold onto my iPhone. Why? Because the iPhone is the PC of smartphones.
The new Droid slider smartphone by Motorola Inc., running on the Verizon Wireless network, is clearly not an iPhone killer. But it is still pretty cool, with multitasking abilities and Google Inc.'s touches, such as quick access to Google Maps for tu...
If you are buying your first smartphone, which should it be: Droid or the iPhone? Both are revolutionary devices, but which revolution is for you? It is not (yet) a coin toss.
Ever since Verizon Wireless used Motorola's Droid to diss the iPhone, it's been nothing short of Droid hysteria in the tech world, and it's only getting crazier with today's reveal of the HTC Droid Eris. What can I say? We love a good fight. But let'...
There are only three days until Verizon joins the Android invasion. T-Mobile was first to embrace the open source Google operating system, but with the addition of Sprint, and now Verizon, Android is mounting a quiet revolution that could see it squa...
Motorola's Droid has a tough game of catch-up to play, but not as tough as what faces Palm's Pre as both challenge Apple's iPhone. Longer term, this may be a two horse race, with Android winning in the end and BlackBerry still chugging along.
With its new focus on Android-based handsets like Droid and Cliq, Motorola may finally be getting back its handset groove back.
Too much, as least so early, is being made of the Motorola Droid's supposedly magical powers. Can a single handset "save" Motorola, launch a new operating system, and smite the evil Steve Jobs?
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Surface sales sag and Windows Phones fade, as Microsoft's hardware business takes a hit
- Logitech G213 Prodigy review: An ambitious keyboard that's oversized and overpriced
- Razer Ornata review: An expensive rubber-dome keyboard that comes with a mechanical click
- Asus Strix RX 580 Gaming Top OC review: Proof that size matters
- Acer's Aspire GX comes out of nowhere to be the first prebuilt Ryzen PC from a major vendor
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTService Desk OperatorsSA
- FTSolution Architect - Datacentre / StorageQLD
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- FTFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- CCSystems Specialist - Network Systems l Port MacquarieQLD
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCDocument ControllerNSW
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTHelp Desk/ Desktop SupportSA
- FTTechnical WriterACT
- FTHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTNetwork Engineer - CCNP - WeipaQLD
- FTSenior Test Analyst - Gov & Remedy/Service Now backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- CCData Warehouse SpecialistQLD
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC