2010 will be a landmark year for Google's Android operating system in Australia. Offering a number of benefits over Apple's iPhone including an open applications market, a customisable user interface and full multitasking, the Android platform contin...
The Motorola Droid certainly hasn't been an "iPhone killer," but it has become a solid alternative to the iPhone for Verizon customers who don't want to switch their carriers.
Yesterday's statement from Palm's CEO, lamenting how Motorola's Droid beat the Palm Pre into Verizon stores, I was reminded of a famous Marlon Brando line from "On the Waterfront." Many people know the words, even of they don't know they come from a ...
Motorola can add one more item onto its list of Droid slogans: Droid does have more expensive hardware than the Nexus One. But only by a small margin.
Google's pretty good at keeping its Web and search developments secret, but it's quickly learning that hardware's a different beast, as details on the <a href="http://www.pcworld.com/article/184555/googles_nexus_one_test_phone_details_emerge.html">Ne...
Motorola's Droid has been the subject of much furor lately, fueled in-part by a series of ad spots, including Verizon's controversial campaign.
It's apparently not common knowledge that there are actually two Droids: the Motorola Droid and the HTC Droid Eris. They're both Android-based phones, but significantly different in form and firmware. The Motorola Droid is a slider phone with a large...
There is no piece of technological wizardry that I want so much as a Droid. Yet, I have decided to hold onto my iPhone. Why? Because the iPhone is the PC of smartphones.
The new Droid slider smartphone by Motorola Inc., running on the Verizon Wireless network, is clearly not an iPhone killer. But it is still pretty cool, with multitasking abilities and Google Inc.'s touches, such as quick access to Google Maps for tu...
If you are buying your first smartphone, which should it be: Droid or the iPhone? Both are revolutionary devices, but which revolution is for you? It is not (yet) a coin toss.
Ever since Verizon Wireless used Motorola's Droid to diss the iPhone, it's been nothing short of Droid hysteria in the tech world, and it's only getting crazier with today's reveal of the HTC Droid Eris. What can I say? We love a good fight. But let'...
There are only three days until Verizon joins the Android invasion. T-Mobile was first to embrace the open source Google operating system, but with the addition of Sprint, and now Verizon, Android is mounting a quiet revolution that could see it squa...
Motorola's Droid has a tough game of catch-up to play, but not as tough as what faces Palm's Pre as both challenge Apple's iPhone. Longer term, this may be a two horse race, with Android winning in the end and BlackBerry still chugging along.
With its new focus on Android-based handsets like Droid and Cliq, Motorola may finally be getting back its handset groove back.
Too much, as least so early, is being made of the Motorola Droid's supposedly magical powers. Can a single handset "save" Motorola, launch a new operating system, and smite the evil Steve Jobs?
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Halo 5: Forge's multiplayer is now more accessible on PC with a new custom game browser
- Ubisoft's 30th anniversary putters across the finish line with free copies of Assassin's Creed III
- YouTube's top trending videos for 2016
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- FTProject ManagerOther
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTInfrastructure Team LeadVIC
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- CCWorkbrain Functional ExpertQLD
- FTEUC Solution Architect l Large Transformation ProjectNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderQLD
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTEnterprise Architect - Information ManagementVIC
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundACT
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCInfrastructure Architect - CloudVIC
- FTIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCFacilities Coordinator - Multiple RolesVIC