Details have emerged about Intel's upcoming Medfield chip platform for smartphones, which is due for release in 2011 and will succeed the company's existing Moorestown platform, which was originally announced in May.
Intel expects the first phones based on its Moorestown platform to be available early next year, and tablet PCs before that, it said Wednesday.
Intel plans to talk about its future technology and product plans at Computex, but doesn't have any big surprises lined up for the Taiwanese hardware show, which opened Tuesday.
Intel has set its sights on the burgeoning tablet computing market with its latest Moorestown chips, which the company believes will help break rival Arm's dominant position in the handheld device market.
Intel is going after the tablet market for its low-power processors, including an upcoming Atom processor designed for mobile phones, the company said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel may use AMD GPUs to challenge Nvidia's rising power
- Creative Live! Cam Sync HD review: Crummy video tanks this HD webcam
- Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000 review: An HD webcam for the cost-conscious
- Microsoft LifeCam Studio review: A hi-def webcam for business or pleasure
- Logitech C615 HD review: This camera hits the sweet spot between features and price
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect - Application IntegrationQLD
- TPBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTService Desk Analyst / Security EngineerQLD
- CCMainframe Project ManagerVIC
- CCMaster SchedulerVIC
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- FTLevel 2/3 Application Support SpecialistQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCSupport OfficerSA